The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

DC Universe Transforms Into DC Universe Infinite

DC Universe will soon be re-branding as DC Universe Infinite, as it abandons its streaming shows to become a comics-only platform. As part of the news, HBO Max revealed it has renewed Harley Quinn for a third season and that it will be the home to DC Universe's streaming library of legacy content.

The newly-renamed DC Universe Infinite will offer DC catalog titles sixth months after their on-sale date — currently, DCU has a year-long wait. It will also grant earlier access to DC’s expanding line-up of digital-first titles including DCeased: Hope at World’s End, Harley Quinn: Black + White + Red, and Injustice: Year Zero. Additionally, the service will debut DC Universe Infinite Originals, all-new exclusive content created for the service and featuring fan-favorite characters. A global expansion is planned for the service starting in the summer.

Beyond the digital comic catalog of more than 24,000 titles spanning eight decades, DC Universe Infinite will also feature a fan community available to all subscribers, with events planned through 2021. Existing DC Universe subscriptions will transfer over to DC Universe Infinite.

DC Universe Infinite will cost $7.99 a month or $74.99 a year and launches Jan. 21 in the U.S., before going global next summer.

[​IMG]

https://bit.ly/35NG7pr

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

She-Hulk fan art by BossLogic

[​IMG]

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I hope I'll still be able to read comics on my TV screen. I like that a lot more than using a tablet.

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

That's a legit concern as white feminists are triggered by actual sexy females and the head writer and director are both. We better hope She-Hulk doesn't look like Amy Schumer.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I hope not, focusing too much time on real-world issues and side characters was part of the problems with the Netflix Marvel shows.

I'm ok with a little courtroom action but if this show becomes Law & Order: Special Abilities Unit it will waste her potential as a character in my opinion.

If the Marvel Television was under the same leadership that produced the ho-hum other Marvel series I'd be concerned about the direction of this show, but ever since Kevin Feige took direct control I've been under the impression that he wants the shows to have the same level of hero action and excitement as the movies.

6. SilverSmith

During Sony’s PlayStation 5 Showcase on Wednesday, developer Arkane Studios gave fans their latest glimpse of its time-looping assassin game Deathloop.

While details on the game still remain a little vague, the trailer did offer us plenty of clues as to what’s going on. The game’s main character Colt seems to be an assassin stuck in a time loop, for some reason. Every day he wakes up in a place called the Black Reef at a massive party where he’s convinced he needs to kill a few key people to break free of his time loop.

[​IMG]

credit: Polygon

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ah...so this is the game I've heard a couple of my offline gamer acquaintances talking about. This game along with the Miles Morales Spider-Man joint is why they are hyped for PS5.

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

9. SilverSmith

True believers, here's the new trailer for Wandavision, the first live-action MCU series.

10. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

They'll bully us like crazy to call her sexy too if she does. Just like they did with that girl from Girls.

12. SilverSmith

New Wonder Woman 1984 footage has been revealed in the Japanese trailer.

13. SilverSmith

Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X Launching Nov. 10

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. SilverSmith

Raised by Wolves Digital Comic

HBO Max/Raised by Wolves # 1, a free 8-page mini backstory for the show.
    Link: https://rb.gy/re27rn

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. darkcurry

This looks neat and creative. Total mind-bending going on.

16. darkcurry

Supergirl to End After Six Seasons on The CW
    [​IMG]
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/supergirl-to-end-after-six-seasons-on-the-cw/

This series had it's ups and downs unfortunately becoming a little too political to the point of turning her into an annoying superhero imo. I'll give my final grade after the the series finale but right now I'm at a C-. A lot of promise and potential after that first season that they didn't capitalize on. But I would be lying if I said I didn't like what they were doing with that 'Leviathan arch.' Even though I didn't watch all of the episodes from last season the ones I have seen with that storyline have been good.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the show's political turn. Though, I did drop out after the Crises cross over. But, I did that on almost all of the Arrowverse shows. It wasn't because of the politics. It was because the quality of the writing went down hill and the way they treat black male characters. That, and the pants. Booo on the pants.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I really tried with the Arrowverse but the social agenda-driven storylines, boring villains and d-list heroes are tiresome to me. The reason I started reading Comic Books 35+ years ago wasn't for Dawson's Creek level angsty relationship drama with just a sprinkling of actual superhero action.

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

They should have followed The 100 as a model. Great action and food stories with actual stakes

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I knew it would go downhill once it went to the CW.