The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Just read this. Great jumping off point for those who don'r know the Milestone Universe.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Actor Jonathan Majors (Lovecraft Country) has been cast as the villain for Ant-Man 3, the speculation is that he will be playing Kang The Conqueror.

In the comic books, Kang (real name Nathaniel Richards)is a distant descendant of the Fantastic Four's Reed Richards which makes it really kind of interesting that he is being introduced into the MCU via Ant-Man. It lends credence to the theory that the quantum realm is going to be the gateway to bringing the Fantastic Four and possibly the X-Men into the MCU.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/jonathan-majors-ant-man-3-marvel-universe-1203028234/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Interesting. We're going to have to be watching Ant-Man 3 closely now.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Today Sony debuted a brand new 7-minute gameplay video featuring new footage of?Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

The implication being that Reed Richards is black in the MCU. Please no

6. RicardoCooper

Your favorite shows get cancelled midstream but this shit goes on and on. When will our long national nightmare be over?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean CBS All Access needs content lol.

8. darkcurry

I'm stilled pissed at them cancelling Tell Me A Story; after I went back and binged season 1 to see if the show was legit. Smh. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Kang is from the far-off future, so it's possible that after a few generations a white Reed Richards had a black descendant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Skaddix

I mean yeah Kang is from 1000 years in the future. So him being black doesn't have much bearing on Reed Richards in the present.

11. SilverSmith

HBO Max Renews Raised by Wolves for Season Two

HBO Max has picked up a second season of the Ridley Scott sci-fi series “Raised by Wolves,” the streamer announced Thursday.

Since its debut on Sept. 3, the series has risen to become HBO Max’s top-performing original series, surpassing shows like Anna Kendrick and Paul Feig’s “Love Life” and the unscripted cooking series “Selena + Chef,” according to the platform.

The 10-episode show centers on two androids tasked with raising human children on a “mysterious, virgin planet,” according to the series description. “As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences, the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task.

[​IMG]

https://bit.ly/33CYJpl

12. RicardoCooper

I'd buy that as long as present-day Reed was white in whatever planned movie. But why rile up the base with needless race-injecting i.e. not relevant to the story. I'd just as soon emphasize on characters that are actually black in the comics. They did a great job with Panther and Falc and so-so with Cage.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Marvel's She-Hulk Taps Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany as Its Disney+ Star

[​IMG]

Marvel Studios has tapped Orphan Black star Tatiana Maslany to headline its She-Hulk Marvel Cinematic Universe series on Disney+. Maslany starred on Orphan Black as Sarah Manning from 2013-2017.

She-Hulk joins upcoming MCU series such as The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision and Loki. Marvel Studios announced Disney+ series for She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight back in August 2019. WandaVision was featured in a recent Disney+ promo, which promised the series would be arriving on the streaming platform near the end of 2020.

News on Disney+'s She-Hulk has increased over the last few weeks, with a report stating production was set to begin in Atlanta, GA early 2021. Kat Coiro is slated to direct She-Hulk's pilot episode while also serving as an executive producer on additional episodes. Coiro's credits include Shameless, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Modern Family and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, as well as the upcoming 2021 romantic comedy Marry Me.

Maslany's recent acting credits include HBO's Perry Mason where she portrayed Sister Alice.

Developed for television by Jessica Gao (Rick and Morty) and starring Tatiana Maslany, She-Hulk is slated to premiere exclusively on Disney+.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. darkcurry

GREAT actress but I'm interesting in how are they going to turn her into She-Hulk because that CGI they used for The Hulk and Thanos in The Avengers was reportedly VERY expensive.

This could also be good news for Luke Cage and Ironfist characters to be introduced now that they are free to develope those characters.
    https://movieweb.com/luke-cage-iron-fist-reboots-marvel-netflix/

Maybe get a heroes-for-hire series out of them two down the line if they choose to reboot them rather than just a solo series like Netflix did.

What you think?

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty good casting she even kind of looks like she could be related to Mark Ruffalo. And as for the CGI cost, after seeing the movie-quality special effects of The Mandalorian I think anything is possible as far as Disney is concerned.

Although I'm wondering if she is going to be always green or is she going to transform from time to time.

16. RicardoCooper

CGI She-Hulk for sure if they want to keep continuity with the movie Hulk.

If they were to go live-action, I was feeling this one. Plus she like brothers lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB5-BYPDP2G/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I'd love to see a well-written Heroes for Hire show. They could tie it into the MCU more. I liked the notion that these were low-level under the radar supers compared to the Avengers. The second season Cage EP with this fight scene (backdoor Power Man/Iron Fist pilot) was the best in the whole run.

17. darkcurry

I would love to see kind of like a modern version with how advance the technology is now days of what they did in the Hulk series with Lou Ferigno playing the Hulk. Maybe do the reverse version of what they did with skinny Steve Rogers in Captain America.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Nice touch with the shock wave

LOL

19. Skaddix

I assume she wont do too much Hulk stuff for most of the series...probably mostly focus on her as lawyer.

I hope she still looks Hot as CGI She Hulk.

20. SilverSmith

CD Projekt RED premiered Night City Wire Episode 3 today, giving us an even better look at the metropolis from Cyberpunk 2077, in a video titled "Postcards from Night City."

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020