Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Discussion in 'In the News' started by SilverSmith, Jan 26, 2020.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I was a H.S. Freshman during that 2003-2004 NBA season that Kobe was regularly going to court for his rape case. By than I was a sports fans who regularly watched ESPN/FSN & listened to sports radio, so I remember the scandal. NO WAY did Kobe get the same vitriol & criticism that Michael Vick got for his dog fighting scandal. I feel like Tiger Woods got more criticism for his "Harem of sidechicks & groupies" scandal than Kobe got for his rape case.

The fact that Kobe's rape scandal didn't affect Kobe on the court tells you how easy they went on Kobe compared to other athlete's scandals. That would never happen nowadays.

2. ColiBreh1

Wow, I didn't know them details. By the time I started following the NBA, I think Kobe & Vanessa were already married, so I missed backstory about their relationship.

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm only hearing about the family drama now. I didn't realize it was like that.

And you're right about Vanessa. She stuck around when she could've walked away and still been paid. My heart goes out to her for so many reasons.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah, since he was born and raised here, barring the few years in Italy, his baller pops and grand dad are well known . (His dad was a 76ers). So their life is (was) like an open book locally. It's not hard to find someone that knows Kobe, his father or grandfather. Especially in the lower Merion area.
    It's funny, because LA adopted him, but Philly raised him.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's really ironic actually, because I just now saw a story on his father and there were 2 pictures of them together in 2007 and 2009, they were at a dodgers game, but they said the grandfather was close with Gianna. Now, Kobe was asked recently (by Howard Eskins) if things have mended with his father and he shook his head no... So maybe it was on, off?
    Their neighbor said his dad is devastated, their whole family is.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Wow, as if this wasn't heartbreaking enough already

7. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Thanks for trying!
    I understand there are some black men on this forum that obviously have had very bad experiences with their counterparts. However, the topic is so prominent on this forum it has come to make me wonder if those men are actually into ww or they just want to be with us to get back at bw in some way. I also don’t understand why it’s so important for us what they are thinking and saying on social media. Why do we need to keep discussing it here? I think it’s much better to let them know that we don’t give a sh** what others are saying about our relationships by not mentioning those things. That’s just my opinion. I know @ColiBreh1 doesn’t agree and will “dislike” this post.o

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  8. Madeleine

Sorry, it wasn’t supposed to be all in bold. Something went wrong there.

9. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I remember his parents resented her because of her race. Kobe sued his parents for selling their story to the media.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Remember Kobe reached a financial settlement with the victim, which made people question how accurate her claims of rape really were.

12. Madeleine

True.

13. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

We don't know what his will says yet. Perhaps he gives everything to save feral cats, or something.

His parents doesn't sound like good people.

14. ColiBreh1

15. ColiBreh1

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

17. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Seen it yesterday. Kobe was more than a great baller. He did this human thing quite well.

18. ColiBreh1

19. ColiBreh1

I'm a be real, I've HATED Kobe with a passion since the 2004 NBA offseason. So I slept on how good a dude he was off the court. My hate for him had lessened the last couple years now that he was retired & no longer a threat to be considered #1 when NBA fans online discuss the GOAT NBA players.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020