Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Discussion in 'In the News' started by SilverSmith, Jan 26, 2020.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Why even go there? You know what they’re like. My suggestion is to take a shower and not to go digging in the trash (because that is all that place is).

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The love is outweighing the hate. I'm barely seeing it the times I have checked my TL and the hashtags. I heard a "journalist" got suspended for bringing up his case in her report on their website after numerous complaints. People ain't with it. He inspired too many people and they're making enemies of his legions of fans right now. But that's on them I see mostly love just like I saw on the 10th anniversary of Michael Jackson's death last year and that's awesome. More love.

3. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

It is terrible news. I feel for Vanessa and the rest of the family.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Celebs and athletes fly all the time. Predictions weren't and aren't made like that. A million ways to die. Nothing is coincidence. The thought popped in his head. He wrote it. It happened. It's chilling.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Facebook too. It's been brutal.

The man died a horrible death. Whatever one feels about him, it's disrespectful to loudly keep carrying on about that one incident that he and his victim MUTUALLY settled on. She is the only one who can say anything and she has said nothing.

So everyone raging (and they are) about his case need to STFU right now. He deserves his allocades because they were his sum total of his life. Kobe was a good guy. Not fake, no airs, gave back, humble. They're not going to ruin his legacy.

Well said.

*Saw this comment on the suspended Washington Post story...

'WaPo on Al-Baghdadi: he was an austere religious scholar.
    WaPo on Kobe: he had a sex assault case in 2016.'

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This.
    Family man. Father. Husband.

IMG_20200127_065009.jpg

IMG_20200127_073734.jpg

IMG_20200127_083557.jpg

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Kobe Bryant, 41, NBA legend who retired from the Los Angeles Lakers in 2016 after a glittering 20-year career, and founded the Mamba Sports Academy in Thousand Oaks, California.

Gianna Bryant, 13, Kobe's daughter, who was a basketball prodigy in her own right and hoped to follow in her father's footsteps, training at the academy which he founded.

Ara Zobayan, the helicopter pilot. Friends described him as 'loving' and an 'incredible pilot' who trained others and 'remained cool, calm and collected' in his job.

Alyssa Altobelli, a young basketball player who played on the same team as Gianna Bryant.

JOHN ALTOBELLI, 56, Alyssa's father. He was the longtime head coach of Southern California's Orange Coast College baseball team.

Keri Altobelli, Alyssa's mother. Her brother-in-law Tony Altobelli confirmed that the three family members were on board the helicopter on their way to watch Alyssa play.

Christina Mauser, a girls' basketball coach at a nearby private elementary school. Her 'devastated' husband Matt Mauser hailed her as a 'beautiful wife and mom'.

Payton Chester, a junior basketball player remembered by friends as a 'beautiful person'.

Sarah Chester, Payton's mother. A school principal described her and the family as 'engaged, supportive, encouraging, and full of mischief and laughter'.

Looking more and more like FOG was the culprit...it was 100% preventable.

Flight data shows the aircraft appeared to get into trouble above the LA Zoo where it circled at a very low altitude and air traffic control audio suggests conditions were worsening in the run up to the crash.

Los Angeles Police Department spokesman Josh Rubenstein confirmed their Air Support Division was grounded Sunday, adding: 'The weather situation did not meet our minimum standards for flying.'

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Kobe touched so many ballers of other sports it is not surprising. He was one of the kind and unique. There was no one like him.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

"The cause of the crash is under investigation but the helicopter is known to have turned south towards a mountainous area at around 9.40am, before contacting the control tower at Burbank Airport shortly before 10am.

Flight data shows the aircraft appeared to get into trouble above the LA Zoo, where it circled for 15 minutes at a very low altitude.

Five minutes later it hit the hillside at 1,700 feet, near the home of Kourtney Kardashian.

One eyewitness said they 'didn't hear any anomalies with the engine', while a pilot who had previously flown Bryant on the very same helicopter said the aircraft was in 'fantastic condition'.

In air traffic control audio which was recorded shortly before the crash, the pilot of the former Lakers star's helicopter is told by a controller that 'you're still too low level' to be tracked by radar.

This did not appear to be a sign of distress, because the helicopter was actually ascending at the time and the controller was referring to the technical difficulty with reading data rather than warning of an imminent crash.

Los Angeles Police Department spokesman Josh Rubenstein confirmed that the force's Air Support Division was grounded yesterday, adding: 'The weather situation did not meet our minimum standards for flying.'

• List
  11. Soulthinker

Sad all the way.

12. Soulthinker

No question Kobe's widow and daughters will have support.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Gianna had THE BEST COACH!
    IMG_20200127_065312.jpg
    Best Mentor...
    IMG_20200127_065347.jpg
    Together forever.

14. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Reminds me of what happened to Emiliano Sala last year.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Just heard a helicopter pilot call in and say,
    "Kobe's pilot was inexperienced as you have to have a special certification to know how to fly in fog and he didn't have it, he got disoriented and smashed the copter".
    He continued,
    "that helicopter was a $13 million-dollar helicopter with twin engines -they don't crash, it was completely pilot error, just like JFK. Jr. "

Edit: it's being reported that the pilot was "instrument rated"which means apparently you can fly in fog, but that he was not using them at the time of the crash.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Soulthinker

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

They are really sick man. I'm glad more brothas are waking up. You still have simpology being touted as pro-black tho. It's sickening.

19. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I know I said more love but a female celebrity I followed on twitter from a show we talk about on here is apart of that crowd. Evan Rachel Wood slandered his name on her twitter page as well and of course is getting ripped for it. But also had the sentiments from Jessica Chastain and Mira Sorvino. I said this before that the one thing these rape allegations about black celebs like Kobe and Michael were going to do was expose the racist that have it in them subconsciously especially in hollywood.

The family of MJ pointed out lies in that documentary and witnesses at a party that spoke to and hung around Kobe's accuser outed her about bragging about sleeping with Kobe and her own friend exposed that she wanted to set a celeb up for money. But people continue to do this thing where they stay away from or deflect from the side of the stories that challenges the stories the mainstream decides to report on.

I usually check to make sure I don't follow that part of the hollywood crowd but Evan slipped through.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Flight radio call before downing..