The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Like I said in our chat I haven't read the books. I'm basically going by the overall narrative of the gods as they are presented on the show. All are "new world" aspects of old world gods from various cultures and since the Africans that brought Anansi to the new world were slaves who would eventually have to assimilate the new world culture, that's seems to be how they play him on the show. Season 2 he leans towards his African nature in his interaction with a certain character. (Not trying to give away spoilers since you're just starting) :)

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah Orlando Jones is an Okay Mr Nancy. I would love for them to show his trickster and manipulative side a lot more than getting preachy as they do a lot with his character.

3. darkcurry

Emergence is getting better and better with each episode. Tonight's episode had Jo spooked! I liked that they had horror elements to this episode after the last episode's big reveal.
    I like how they are playing Piper as some telekinetic android type organism. Really cool and scary.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Marvel’s X-Men relaunch Dawn of X is here. The flagship Dawn of X title, X-Men by Jonathan Hickman and Leinil Francis Yu, launches this week. The series picks up after the events of Hickman’s House of X and Powers of X miniseries.

5. SilverSmith

Jessica Biel and Stanley Tucci's paranormal drama Limetown will premiere with two episodes at 12pmPT/3pmET today on Facebook Watch.

[​IMG]

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I also am enjoying this show so far the only slight gripe I have is.......

The character reactions to what Piper is was not WTF!? enough. In a world where the most advanced A.I. is an app on a smartphone it would completely blow someone's mind to find out a tech company created a fully synthetic girl with telekinetic superpowers.

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I’m going to start watching this.

8. SilverSmith

Amazon Prime Video has released the trailer and key art for The Man in the High Castle final season, which will premiere November 15.

[​IMG]

9. darkcurry

Same. Especially after they seen that video in her old house. Either give her back or teach her to hone her powers against Richard and them. Other than that it's pretty scary having someone like that around your child.

10. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

That all makes sense, and so far they're playing that angle pretty well (other than the coma inducing episode, lol). I'm glad to hear that, and I'm looking forward to it.

His trickster ways are one of my favorites things about Anansi, so hopefully they'll do more of that with his character in the future.

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

12. SilverSmith

Square Enix announced today that Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will be released digitally and at retailers in select countries on November 5, 2019 for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 , and PC/Steam, with the Stadia version launching with the platform later in November.

Featuring the base game and all seven post-launch DLC, the bundle gives players the chance to experience the final chapter of Lara Croft’s origin story with every challenge tomb, downloadable weapon, outfit and skill.

13. SilverSmith

Here's the trailer and premiere date for HBO's The Outsider, based on the Stephen King novel of the same name.
    The Outsider is a new drama series that explores the investigation into the gruesome murder of a local boy and the mysterious force surrounding the case.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  14. ColiBreh1

Hmmm....So it's only getting a digital release on consoles, no physical release?

15. SilverSmith

Physical copies will be made available to retailers in select countries. You can pre-order copies from Square Enix's online store as well.

16. ColiBreh1

Looks like it's just been made official that the upcoming "Arrow" spinoff is actually a "Birds of Prey"-style show called "Green Arrow & the Canaries":

https://www.newsarama.com/47469-green-arrow-and-the-canaries-will-take-the-place-of-arrow-on-cw.html
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  17. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I finally caught 'Joker' and I thought it was fantastic! I know some will disagree, but I found it a gripping character study of the effects of deteriorating mental health, economic dislocation and the impact of the same on a society as well as on an individual.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

https://www.space.com/29161-astrona...HjUZ2hC9TuHTeiicbYy3_am4z6WPSNaKjbkj9u8Ap7zJA

Astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti Wears 'Star Trek' Uniform in Space (Photo)
    [​IMG]

Star Trek fandom has gone orbital: European astronaut and Trekkie Samantha Cristoforetti, who is currently aboard the International Space Station, tweeted a photo of herself in a uniform from the one of "Star Trek" TV series.

"'There's coffee in that nebula' ... ehm, I mean... in that #Dragon," Cristoforetti wrote in a Twitter post last Friday, as she looked out the window of the orbiting outpost at the Dragon space capsule that arrived carrying 4,300 lbs. (1,950 kilograms) of food, scientific experiments and other supplies.

Cristoforetti's choice of words has a second meaning, because the Dragon spacecraft, built and operated by SpaceX, delivered a load of cargo to the space station that included the first-ever space espresso machine. Prior to the coffee machine's arrival, the only java option aboard the orbiting laboratory was powdered instant coffee.

In the photo, Cristoforetti appears to be wearing a uniform similiar to those worn by actors on "Star Trek: Voyager," the fourth live-action TV series in the venerable science ficition franchise.

The quote, "There's coffee in that nebula," comes from the early episode "The Cloud" and was uttered by Kathryn Janeway, captain of the USS Voyager, who was well known for her love of coffee: black.

Cristoforetti has expressed her Star Trek fandom before — she tweeted a photo of herself giving the Vulcan salute shortly after Leonard Nimoy passed away on Feb. 6. Nimoy was best known for portraying Spock on the original "Star Trek" TV series and many subsequent movies.

Accompanying that photo Cristoforetti wrote, "'Of all the souls I have encountered.. his was the most human,'" quoting a line from the movie "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan," that referenced Spock. "Thx @TheRealNimoy for bringing Spock to life for us."