The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Kabam, creators of the mobile fighting game Marvel Contest of Champions, is collaborating with Marvel Entertainment on their second game: Marvel Realm of Champions.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Speaking of "The Last Kingdom"....This is how Eliza Butterworth, the actress that plays King Alfred's wife Queen Aleswith, looks like IRL in street clothes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's a HUGE transformation from how she looks on the show.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  4. SilverSmith

Moon Knight For the Uninitiated: Things You Need to Know

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It's on

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Oh......you got me this is a fan-made trailer. Still, I like the tone.

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

This looks like they redid that red sparrow movie. Charlotte Rampling player the exact same character in that movie, and Jeremy Renner is basically Joel Edgerton in Red Sparrow. I mean, really?

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It reminded me of that but unlike DC, Marvel has credibility with me. I'll stop trusting them when they drop the ball, if ever.

Red Sparrow was boring btw, I don't think this movie will be.

9. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I agree, but it feels like I am watching the exact same film in an alternate universe, and not in a cool way.

10. SilverSmith

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  11. SilverSmith

Nearly 48 hours after the Season X end event and black hole live stream, Epic Games has officially launched Fortnite Chapter 2. Here are the new trailers.

12. SilverSmith

The Witcher 3 launch trailer for Nintendo Switch. Featuring over 150 hours gameplay, the Complete Edition comes with the base game and every piece of additional content ever released.

13. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Definitely for those long plane trips. lol

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Kevin Feige Becomes Marvel Chief Creative Officer. Will Now Oversee Film, Television, Animation And Publishing for Marvel.

[​IMG]

Deadline reveals that some major changes are being made at Marvel by The Walt Disney Company. While he currently serves as the President of Marvel Studios (and will continue to do so), Kevin Feige now has another title: Chief Creative Officer. Now, all key creative executives across film, television, and publishing will be reporting to him.

This means that Feige will have creative control not only over Marvel's Television and Animation studios, but also what we see in the comic books (that doesn't mean he'll be deciding what stories are told, but he'll obviously have a lot of input).

Feige will continue to report to Walt Disney Co-Chairman and Chief Creative Officer Alan Horn and Co-Chairman Alan Bergman, while the current era of Marvel Television is now being wound down. That presumably means Jeph Loeb - who has spearheaded some hits and major disasters - will be out of a job as Marvel's focus moves to Disney+ instead.

Dan Buckley will continue as President of Marvel Entertainment and Ike Perlmutter remains Chairman. While the former will continue to oversee publishing creative/editorial, he now reports to Feige, and Joe Quesada is expected to continue as creative lead for Marvel Entertainment, reporting to Buckley.

Needless to say, some big changes are clearly on the horizon for Marvel moving forward.

15. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I finally started watching "American Gods", and it's okay so far. It's not as good as the book, but I do like the way they handled some things. The pace is too slow sometimes though. I was trying to watch the "Lemon Scented You" episode, and I kept dozing off. Some of the music is a bit overbearing too, but a big part of that is some of the scenes taking forever to play out. I'm still not 100% sold on Orlando Jones as Mr. Nancy, but I guess I'll have to wait and see if he fits the role more as the show goes on. The woman who plays Shadow's wife is kind of annoying, but I think that helps her fit the part. Hopefully there won't be any more episodes that put me to sleep. lol

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Who would have been your choice for Mr. Nancy if you have someone in mind?

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

A few guys be talking about this game at school, this is making me want to play it.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I hope this means Marvel TV and animation start to get the same polish as the MCU, because in my opinion, Marvel TV shows are aggressively mediocre.

19. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I honestly don't know. At this point I still have the Mr. Nancy/Anansi from the books in my head, and Orlando Jones just doesn't fit that. To be fair though, I haven't seen much of him in the show yet, so I may change my mind when I do. Also, like you said before, he may just be playing the Americanized version of Anansi, so that would make him a better fit for the role. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I think that's the overall plan. Early work is all the Disney + Marvel shows have budgets equal to the movies, which makes sense as they are basically continuing storylines of characters from the movies as well as introducing new ones with the intent to appear in movies. Also makes it easier to completely assimilate all the TV shows into the MCU which they couldn't do under the old structure as was the case with the Netflix shows or Agents of SHIELD.