The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Here's an all-new full trailer for the upcoming Apple TV+ alternate reality series For All Mankind that imagines Soviet Russia landing on the Moon first. SJWs rejoice! lol

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. SilverSmith

From Avengers To X-Men: The Story Of Jack Kirby, The King of Comics

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'd only be excited if they announced that he was replacing Kathleen Kennedy, and the Ryan Johnson future films have been canceled. If he doesn't have complete control to put his "magic" on to the Star Wars universe it will probably turn out the same way as all the other post-Disney Star Wars movies.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The producer and showrunner for this show is the same guy who made the Battlestar Galactica reboot, and that show noticeably had a lack of Black people in prominent roles. I can't help to notice that there isn't one black male with a speaking line in the trailer, and the only black woman seems like a c-story character.

I'm aware that it takes place in the '60s or early '70s, but if they can pretend that American society made women astronauts a priority in the 60s they could at least pretend that Black people got the same social uplift.

8. darkcurry

Most of Apple TV+ programming lacks black male characters especially leading black males if you seen their roll out for upcoming shows.

if this was the case across all streaming services and TV then I would see that as a problem, but it's not.

But there are some shows I'm interested in like Afterlife... and See.

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

To be clear I have enjoyed plenty of shows without black Male leads, the issue I have with the trailer for this show as it appears that the show takes place around the same time as the civil rights era, yet the only hints at social equality seems to be for women. I'd be willing to give the show the benefit of the doubt, however the showrunners penchant for marginalizing black characters in large ensembles leaves me weary.

10. darkcurry

Yes you are correct, but it does go with how feminist feels about us. lol. It seeps into storylines in TV and movies every now and then.

11. SilverSmith

Farscape: The Complete Series Coming to Blu-ray for 20th Anniversary

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is bringing the Farscape: The Complete Series to Blu-ray for the show’s 20th anniversary on November 19th . The Blu-ray set includes all 88 episodes and over 15 hours or archival special features, plus the finale miniseries, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars.

[​IMG]

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/092619-1400

12. SilverSmith

The new Flash Season 6 trailer.

13. SilverSmith

Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige to Produce the Third Spider-Man Movie
    09/27/2019

Sony Pictures Entertainment and The Walt Disney Studios jointly announced today that Marvel Studios and its President Kevin Feige will produce the third Spider-Man movie in the Spider-Man: Homecoming series, starring Tom Holland. The film is scheduled for release on July 16, 2021.

As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film. Amy Pascal will also produce through Pascal Pictures, as she has on the first two Holland-led films.

[​IMG]

https://www.vitalthrills.com/2019/0...-feige-to-produce-the-third-spider-man-movie/

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Sweet! But to be honest I wasn't worried because there was far too much money on the table for either side to walk away from.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Of course they had to let Marvel be a part of any third Spider-Man movie. Too many ties to the MCU with this current interation of the character for Sony to handle the character until Peter Parker's story is done in the MCU.

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If they would have been smart with their casting Tom Welling looking his true age should have been Kingdom Come Superman and revealed to be the Smallville Superman, but that's just me.

[​IMG]

18. samson1701

Yeah, but I bet Tom's not going to put on the outfit. That was always his caveat for doing the role. So, that wouldn't have worked out. Kingdom Come Superman without the costume would suck.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

We'll see about him not wearing the suit. He didn't wear the suit because he didn't want to be typecast. Then once Smallville was done he basically dropped off the Hollywood map to play husband & father in real life. The most notable thing he's done in the last few years has ironically been comic book based, playing Cain on the show Lucifer.

20. samson1701

Didn't he have some SWAT or special forces type of show on CBS for a min? I don't think it did too well. I'm too lazy to search for it. ...lol

I wish Rosenblum would come back for Lex or even the Flash. But, that's not happening. He passed on it because he wasn't feeling the offer or the way they asked him.