The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Wow this is coming sooner than later. I thought for sure it was going to be a spring or summer release.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie this Friday, mostly because I love when a Sci-Fi movie comes out and I have no idea what it's about.

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The Birch, a Webby Award-winning short film is all set to wade into Facebook Watch. Crypt TV will be producing a 14-episode series for the service.

The series revolves around a relationship between a teenager and a monster protector in the woods who summons her whenever there is trouble. According to a report by Deadline, the episodes will be narrated from multiple characters perspectives as their lives are shaped by the titular character.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. SilverSmith

Raising Dion follows the story of a woman named Nicole Reese, who raises her son Dion after the death of her husband Mark. The normal dramas of raising a son as a single mom are amplified when Dion starts to manifest several superhuman abilities.

The new series is based on commercial and music video director Dennis Liu’s short film and comic book.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • List
  6. SilverSmith

The logline: after hearing a young boy’s cry for help, a sister and brother venture into a vast field of grass in Kansas.

[​IMG]

• List
  7. SilverSmith

The CW shares Nancy Drew "Uncover" teaser.

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

9. SilverSmith

Reef Entertainment has announced Terminator: Resistance, a new first-person shooter developed by Teyon. The video game will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on November 15 in Europe and in North America on December 3.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

A new licensed game announced just two months before it's release date is not a good sign for the quality of the project.

11. SilverSmith

New poster for the Watchmen featuring Regina King.

[​IMG]

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm gonna watch it I'm gonna support it because I want there to be more roles for black people in particular black boys being central characters but gotta call bullshit on the black dad not being present and replaced by a caring empathic white dude. Never fails. We only serve a purpose as being dead or brutalized

13. The Dark King

Promising. I'll give it a try

14. The Dark King

15. ColiBreh1

The also announced this Yesterday:

https://twitter.com/Jawiin/status/1175121701392150528
    [​IMG]
    https://deadline.com/2019/09/erica-...-role-arrowverse-crossover-the-cw-1202739723/

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Classic SPIDER-MAN And X-MEN Animated Series Will Be Available To Watch On Disney+ At Launch

[​IMG]

Disney+ will be launching in November and it will be the birthplace of many upcoming television shows and movies but will also essentially include Disney's entire back catalogue of content.

Not only will we be getting new Marvel shows — like Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision as well as animated Marvel shows like What If...? — courtesy of Disney+ but also access to old classics.

X-Men: The Animated Series, Spider-Man: The Animated Series, as well as the Fantastic Four and The Incredible Hulk cartoons from the 1990s will all be available to watch on the streaming service as soon as it launches (via @moredisneyplus). Additionally, it's believed that the likes of Spider-Woman, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, and 1981's Spider-Man will also be available.

Despite the old cartoons being represented, we're yet to hear confirmation that more modern ones will be included — such as The Spectacular Spider-Man or Marvel's Spider-Man. It's almost certainly a given that they will feature but we can't know for sure just yet.

17. ColiBreh1

"Spectacular Spider-Man" was produced by Sony, so I doubt it'll be on Disney+

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Sony only has movie rights when it comes to Spider-Man, so Marvel/Disney could still air it. Otherwise Marvel/Disney couldn't air any of the other Spider-Man cartoons or make the current Spider-Man cartoon(or sny of the other variations on it of the last few years) that airs on Disney XD.

19. SilverSmith

The new extended Supergirl trailer for the Season 5 premiere, titled “Event Horizon” and airing on Sunday, October 6.

20. ColiBreh1

IIRC, Disney/Marvel got back the TV rights for Spider-Man during the 2nd season of "Spectacular Spider-Man" (Fall '09) and that was the reason "Spectacular Spider-Man" was cancelled. Sony produced "Spectacular Spider-Man", so Sony still owns the show. Just like Warner Bros. still owns the "Blade" trilogy films & FOX (pre-Disney purchase) still owns the "Daredevil" & "Elecktra" films even though Disney/Marvel got the rights to those characters back.

As far as Disney being able to air the older pre-2000's Spider-Man cartoons, that's because Disney bought the rights & library to all the pre-2000's Marvel cartoons back in 2001, years before they ever bought Marvel, as part of a bigger deal. Here's an old article on that deal:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160304001329/http://www.saban.com/html/press/010723.html
    Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saban_Entertainment

• List