BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Freeform just released this promo for the upcoming season 2B of "Grown-ish":

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Do people watch these spinoffs?

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Apparently they get enough views to justify more episodes. Plenty of this is nonsensical to me.

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I see...

5. ColiBreh1

The first season must've done well enough that not only did Freeform renew it for a 2nd season, they renewed it for a 2-part 2nd season. But I doubt "Grown-ish" has the same audience demographics as "Black-ish" if that's what you mean. Which is why Disney making the choice 2 years ago for Freeform to pick-up "Grown-ish" instead of ABC as originally planned was a smart move.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

And now they're doing that prequel series, Mixed-ish. I believe it's about Rainbow's childhood.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. ColiBreh1

Is "Mixed-ish" gonna air on ABC?

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Soap opera couple, General Hospital's T.J. and Molly, portrayed by actors Haley Pullos and Tajh Bellow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  10. ColiBreh1

11. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

"The Passage" WAS as interracial friendly as any sci-fi series FOX ever aired. There were sure to be more BM\WF scenes in season two and more WM\BF scenes too.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

This is why I don't fuck with FOX, they'll kill a show with little concern for the audience following the narrative. If the show is on-the-bubble, let the show runner know to tidy up their season finale. NBC seems to be better at honoring the viewers who watch their programming. They gave Timeless a two-ep series closeout. I respect that.

13. ColiBreh1

I haven't looked up the ratings to be sure, but I saw folks mentioning that "Star" is actually 1 of Fox's higher-ratings shows & they still cancelled it. SMH.

LOL seeing how low a standard of what you consider onscreen IRRs are, I can't trust your opinion unless I see it for myself or someone else in this thread vouches for what you're saying. As enthusiastic as you usually are about onscreen IRRs, there's a reason you never posted about "The Passage" in this thread before.

14. ColiBreh1

15. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

^^^ Welp . . . its back to Hilltop for Lori huh???

16. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

That's not what the Nerdz Lounge thread is for. Regardless of whether something is IR or not, the Nerdz Lounge isn't the dumping spot for random TV shows and movies. For some strange reason there's a lot of off topic material being posted in there for a while now, and it's been messing up the thread.

17. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. ColiBreh1

Yeah I've only watch the first 2 episodes so far but the dropoff from the pilot to the 2nd episode made me put the show on hiatus.

I actually agree with you. I sometimes feel there should be a generic "non-genre TV shows/film/hollywood news discussion" thread. But it'll probably just overlap too much with the Nerdz Lounge thread & end-up flopping

19. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

It was never a problem in the past, so it won't be an issue if people pay attention to where they're posting like they did before. There are threads for drama series and sitcoms:

https://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/...ries-crime-thriller-action-mystery-etc.29898/

https://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/sitcoms.26022/page-4

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member