The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/SeekingAlpha/status/1118153712097202178
    [​IMG]
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/4254648-netflix-game-thrones-problem

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

GOT hit a lot of beats that resonate with people; sex, violence, romance, sex, mystery, tragedy, sex, humor, intrigue, tits, and the "wow" factor. they also found a unique balance between darkness and hope, it wasn't gritty and somber for the sake of being gritty and somber, which is a mistake a lot of modern fantasy and sci-fi shows make these days.

Most of the shows featured in that video aren't designed to give the audience what GOT managed to pull off. GOT was also smart enough to lean into human interaction and character development instead of getting bogged down in the fabric of the fantasy.

I always like fantasy and sci-fi but I don't have high hopes any of those shows (except maybe the prequel) will come close to replacing GOT.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  3. ColiBreh1

Yeah, I feel Amazon completely wasted money for the big deal they signed with Warner Bros. to do the "Lord of the Rings" TV show. They clearly didn't understand why GoT is so Popular & how different LotR is from ASOIAF.

I wouldn't be surprised if the LotR TV show never gets off the ground, especially since Amazon also did a deal to do a TV show on "The Wheel of Time" books.

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the copycats would be better served going in a largely different direction. Staying too close to the Game of Thrones model will only invite comparison, and that almost *can't* end well for the new show.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Just a heads-up there are leaked Avengers Endgame images and plot detail circulating online, (apparently there was a pre-screening somewhere and somebody snuck in a camera) the images and info are very spoiler heavy, so be careful if you don't want the movie ruined for you before next week.

Needless to say please don't post any spoilers here, thanks.

• List
  6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

And one of the biggest things is that GoT DIDN'T copy anyone. Something those in the entertainment industry still hasn't learned. They also let it grew and sprout I saw the ratings for the first 2 seasons of Game Of Thrones and they weren't as big as these last two seasons.

But some of these streaming and TV networks have their own big hits. Netflix has Stranger Things, Haunting Of Hill House, Black Mirror, ect. (But one of their problems are they will abruptly cancel a show for no reason they want to tell you.)

Amazon Prime has that Hanna hit on their hands right now.

Starz has Power and American Gods

It's good to be original instead of just copying and just let these things grow. Instead of always looking for that homerun right out of the gates.

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

THIS!!!^ Thanks for the heads up, @Thump .

PLEASE don't post spoilers here, at least not without adding the spoiler tags.

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Chambers is Netflix's newest horror series starring Uma Thurman, Tony Goldwyn, and newcomer Sivan Alyra Rose.

9. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I will watch this

10. darkcurry

Looks interesting.

11. ColiBreh1

The CW dropped a 2nd full trailer for the upcoming 6th season of "The 100" today:

• List
  12. SilverSmith

Here's a first look at DC Universe's Swamp Thing in this new teaser.

13. darkcurry

The Boys (Amazon) Trailer #2

14. ColiBreh1

15. darkcurry

‘The Gifted’ Canceled By Fox After 2 Seasons, Marvel Drama Could Potentially Find New Home At Disney

https://deadline.com/2019/04/the-gi...598063/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    [​IMG]

This seems more likely. So we are still likely to have season 3.

Or what I think would be more creative is to put it on Freeform after Cloak and Dagger on thursdays.

16. SilverSmith

20th Century Fox has just released what's being billed as the "final" trailer for its Dark Phoenix.

[​IMG]

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Looks like IR at 1:25, but I still don't think I can ever watch this show.

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued. I'll check it out

19. SilverSmith

Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham reprise their roles as Luke Hobbs and Deckard Shaw in Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw. Below is the official trailer for ya'll.

20. SilverSmith

Following yesterday’s Shao Kahn reveal trailer and Nintendo Switch gameplay, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios have now released the official Mortal Kombat 11 launch clip.