The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Boooo. Gonna flop

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This. Why are they casting a 50-year-old Jamie Foxx to play him?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Despite his advancing age, Foxx is considered a bankable star.
    Whom would you haven chosen for the role and why?

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  5. The Dark King

Michael fucking Jai White. He just fits

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I never got into the SPAWN character. So I can't get on this one. Hit me up when they remake BLADE or give STEEL the remake and RESPECT it deserves from that mess Shaq starred in.

7. ColiBreh1

8. ColiBreh1

9. ColiBreh1

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Netflix's The Magic Order Comic
    05/31

Netflix released a trailer today for The Magic Order, the first comic book spearheaded by the streaming platform.

The six-issue miniseries, which will be published by Image Comics, is written by Mark Millar (Kick-Ass, Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Civil War) and illustrated by Olivier Coipel (Thor, Avengers).

The comic, about five families of magicians who secretly protect the world from evil forces, is slated to arrive in comic book shops on June 13th. It’s also the first project that has emerged from the Netflix acquisition of Millar’s comic book company Millarworld last August, another effort by Netflix to expand its development of original properties.

https://is.gd/PncGAB

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  11. ColiBreh1

[​IMG] Disney doesn't have problems finding younger actors (who are either up & coming OR haven't made a big name for themselves yet) for their MCU & Star Wars films. The same goes for FOX with their X-Men movies. You can say the same thing about WB with the some of their film franchises. Unless Spawn is supposed to be an older character in the comics this a disappointing casting.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I heard on a podcast that allegedly Todd McFarland met Jamie Foxx sometime after the original Spawn movie and told Foxx that if he ever got the chance to remake Spawn that Foxx would be the actor he would cast as Al Simmons/Spawn. Guess since he is in fact writing & directing this remake, McFarland is staying true to his word even all these years later.

13. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I agree, timing stank. I think it's a good movie, and after a week or so, it'll pick up and continue steadily earning at the box office, just at a slower rate.

14. ColiBreh1

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

16. The Dark King

Called it. Solo was a big draw after the first movie before we really got into the world of the Jedi. I could give a fuck less about a space cowboy in universe with laser swords and people who can move shit with their minds

17. darkcurry

Actually it remained number 1 at the box office. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2018&wknd=22&p=.htm

But someone help me out here. Do studios make back most of their money from films domestically? Because worldwide it made over $264 Million the past two weeks and is projected to make over $400 million worldwide when it is all said and done.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

You're right about the domestic box office, I looked at the international box office.

I know it sounds weird but $400 million is still a flop, when you consider how other big movies did.

19. darkcurry

I think it has to do with expectation, greed and competition more so than anything. In reality it isn't a flop, but with those things thrown in it unfortunately is. I heard it wasn't that good of a movie though, so maybe something to go back to the drawing board with. Maybe they should've have never fucked with the Lando character as well.

20. ColiBreh1

@Thump is correct. "Solo" is a flop (or a the very least, a disappointment). Star Wars, Marvel, & DC films have higher expectations than your average blockbuster film.