The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read the rest of your post. YOU have questions as to why it's "Women Only" when it's not that deep. Iconic Female Character and they did a screening for only females. It's called MARKETING.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Ok, at least that's an answer. I agree with you but I think they also wanted to rile up the angry fanboys as well. A little internet "backlash" is always a good marketing strategy.

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

If a historically disenfranchised group wants to have an event just for them, I'm fine with it. I don't have a problem with men only or women only clubs or social associations.

Sometimes you just want to go and kick back with others of your gender, talk and have fun without worrying about what the opposite gender might think or say. I get that and it's totally harmless. There are degrees to everything. Some degrees are acceptable, some are not. This is easily acceptable. This is not the same as real world discrimination.

Ask yourselves how many times have you wanted to hang out and talk to the guys without having to worry about women hearing and being offended? You know, just be men and clown and say whatever. Well, this is the same thing.

This is thee epitome of 1st world, white boy problems, here. ...lol

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Your last sentence sums up my thoughts exactly.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Sorry I dont get how segregation is good in a situation like this. This isn't the WNBA where women can't compete with men so they need their own league or women's only gyms so women can workout and not feel self conscious (even though other are far far more harsh with their criticisms of others)
    This is a common space, a world created so we can enjoy it together. I just don't get the thinking I don't see why or how it helps. If men are so unbareable such a burden to be around I don't get why most women don't self segregate. Ironically they should become Amazons.

6. The Dark King

That's a cop out because then we can boil down everything we discuss online as some privilege shit

7. The Dark King

Well I'm a black man who has shelled out money to read her comics and watched her on tv.
    I enjoy strong female characters who can kick ass like her Buffy Trinity Supergirl etc
    And truthfully I honestly don't get it. These are the kind of things that makes me yearn for a world with sophisticated robot companions because we apparently can not be around each other.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Knock yourself out brother. I've got some cold Miller lites and I'm firing up the PlayStation in 5 4 3.........

Catch you later when you're in a better mood.....lol

9. The Dark King

Enjoy fam lol

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You're literally coming across like the self same entitled & fragile ass white dudes who get upset any and every time shit isn't white male centric. If this were another Sex In the City or Fifty Shades of Grey type movie, self same dudes wouldn't being saying shit. But because it's a comic book movie aka viewed as a dude centric movie, how dare they let some undeserving bitches get a viewing over hardcore fanboy dude bros.

Yeah, bring on the robots. Let's see how long before they realize the human race as a whole isn't shit and then decide to wipe us out in order to finally save the entire planet from our constant self serving fuckery.........

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This is the first time that I agree with an entire "best of" list.

12. The Dark King

No the difference is I am not part of the demographic that made Sex and the City or Fifty Shades what it is. It's like if you and I built a house but were told after we built it we wouldn't be allowed to live other people who didn't even mix cement or paint had a right to it first because they were homeless somewhere else for a period of time. It's not like I'm saying fuck them let them stay in the cold, I'm saying why can't we all live in the house together, it's not like I'm saying I don't want them there.
    It has nothing to do with fragility, I say it all the time feminist actually got me on there side and I deeply believe in equality and fairness. There is nothing fair or equal about this. It's selective superiority and live every asshole with a superiority complex instead of explaining why this is a good thing I'm expected to just shut up and accept it.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This killed me. Lmao! Damn good point

14. The Dark King

Is it?
    1. The human race is always judged by our worst actors and the simple truth is there is far more good than bad because if there wasn't the entire world would be some version of your worst facist dictatorship.
    2. Robots would more than likely just leave if they got to that point in their evolution or stick around and just not mess with us. They aren't limited like people are. Their choices would be infinite.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If there is far more good than bad then how come you said this

"we can't be around each other"

Why do you yearn for a robot in the first place??

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I agree, I always thought that the idea that robots killing off humanity is kind of a myopic viewpoint. Who's to say true machine intelligence doesn't come with a sense of reverence for their creators. Maybe future machines will look back at humanity the same way we look back at our ancestors.

17. The Dark King

Just because my patience is short doesn't meant its all bad lol

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. Machines are 100 percent logical.

19. The Dark King

Or they get to a point of indifference or they experience several things at once. I always thought the robot war made no sense because they aren't finite beings like we are, they don't need food and water, they don't posses nor covet material wealth, they have no egos. They aren't even restricted to a particular body. Can imagine how little you'd care about all these ego driven things if you didn't have any physical needs and all your wants were as simple as thinking about it. It would never even occur to you to be violent.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I guess they don't need energy huh?

Lol