Would you date a smoker?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by archangel, Jun 13, 2013.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

whoa whoa whoa

Please don't derail my thread. make a would you date a person that uses illicit drugs thread somewhere else.:axe:

2. blackbrah

blackbrah Well-Known Member

Deal breaker.

3. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

i dont know where your from, but in cali its legal. and a few other states as well.

4. archangel

I don't know where you are from but in the United States it is still Illegal!!!

Supremacy clause bro!!!

back to my topic.

5. buglerroller

Whomp whomp whomp.

Your topic is smoking, you never said anything specific.

I'm shocked no one said anything about method or crack.

Maybe its just me not being as red ribbon as the rest of you.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I have a serious problem with cigarettes, but its okay if she smokes crack. :smt043

7. buglerroller

Naaa, I'll date a meth smoker over crack smoker any day.

8. archangel

You are just trying to hijack my topic. I have already said that this was about cigarettes. By all means, make a thread about all the illicit drugs that one can smoke.

9. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

This makes me laugh, you don't even have a point, you should have put would you date a Tobacco smoker if you wanted to be specific.
    All threads digress, you should have learned that by now.

I find it a interesting double standard,
    that people would date a weed smoker, but not a tobacco smoker,
    lol who is making entirely weed joints these days? that scary tobacco is in there too!!!

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True Bug,the person had to specify on the type of smoke. I smoke neither of them and on cannibis it alters your brain.

11. archangel

And yet some how only one person was off about what I was talking about. I'm just saying. I think most people got my point though. You got to be able to read in between the lines when someone mentions smoking and dating websites. Most figured it out.:smt012

12. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Beanie has a point though. Most mixes do have tobacco in them

13. archangel

meh.
    Well I decided to just ignore her wink.I'll let some other guy deal with that. She has a lot going for her from the profile so it won't be to hard for her.

14. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

You can rest easy for me Archangel, I'm not single and even when I was, it had nothing to do with me being a smoker lol :cool:

15. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Other than people like Snoop Dog, who could afford not to mix :D

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Date? Yes.

Get serious with? No.

But, she could blow trees from time to time as long as she doesn't need it to have a good time or unwind.

17. LuvVanillaIC

LuvVanillaIC Active Member

It depends. I dated a smoker many years ago (she was very pretty, so she got a pass). In fact, I started smoking -- very briefly -- because of her! What it may depend upon is: a) How much/often she smokes and, b) If she has enough respect and awareness to not smoke around those who are bothered by it. However, today, I would likely, to a large degree, overlook smoking if everything else clicks on all cylinders.

18. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

I've dated a smoker, and I'll never EVER do it again. Never.

I hate, hate, HATE smoking.

I'm a lucky gal, though, because my man hates smoking as much as I do. :D

19. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I think its silly to rule someone out merely on smoking. To me, if all else is on track, I won't rule out an smoker. That would be sad if everything else is a go.

The culprit is, do they smoke a lot and stink smoke? I know daily smokers that don't ever smell like smoke. I don't know how but some people manage.

I have broken up w a guy because he reeked smoke from all clothes and everything, i felt like i was dating some granddad or something, not sure about how I related that.

I have also dated daily smokers, who never smelled like smoke. I think how much is the answer. If you always stink like smoke, no. If not, then, I'm fine. Besides smoking status is something that can be changed. So no, its not a rule out. Same w weed. I dont smoke weed, but if you do, and you don't do it in front of me, or smell like it, I'm fine.

Not all smokers reek smoke, so I use that as a 'measuring tape' of sorts, a Reeker is a no go, someone that don't smell like smoke is ok., far more other things that are more important is a no acceptance list.

20. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

I've never met a smoker who didn't smell of smoke. I use to smoke, I quit nearly 10yrs ago and now the smell of it makes me feel sick.
    The taste of a smoker when you kiss them is even worse. That's just foul. Makes me feel sick just thinking about it. One of my clients is a smoker and as much as I love my job, and he's a nice person, I HATE going into his home because of the smell. It's disgusting.
    I feel the same way about marijuana too. I wouldn't knowingly date someone who smoked that.