Would you date a smoker?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by archangel, Jun 13, 2013.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Dude, that's a whole lot of assumptions! I specified cigarette smoke because that's where my issue lies. Someone drinking alcohol has no direct impact on my health, so I don't mind. If we're talking about outright alcohol addition though, yes that would become an issue if they were unwilling to seek help. Under no circumstances am I saying the person I date must live a dry, angelic life. All I'm saying is that I don't dig cigarettes or cigarette smoke. If I misunderstood the OPs question, so be it. Still doesn't change my opinion on ciggies lol

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

The clubbing/party life there will be a person who smokes if you are not in that lifestyle don't date a person who smokes.

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I meant cigarettes. That's the assumption. This woman smokes cigarettes.
    You are blowing this out of proportion.

4. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

got it. just wanted to make sure.

not at all, the OP left an open ended question and i just wanted clarification on what people posted is all.

5. archangel

most of it was about cigarettes. I think you were the only person in this thread that thought otherwise.

6. buglerroller

Guess I'm the only one who thinks outside the box...

7. archangel

I'm just going to let this one slide and move it along.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No scotch? I would forget her name real quick!

9. buglerroller

Yep, can't count how many I dismissed on the no tree smoking thing.

10. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

clarification for me: I was also referring to cigarettes. I smoked once upon a time, and to this day don't know how I don't like stand it. Speaking for myself here, I have no desire to kiss a smoker and I think cigarette smoke smells awful, both in general and on the person. I have lost loved ones to lung cancer and understand how horrible smoking cigarettes is on the human body. Nothing remotely attractive to me about a smoker.

12. buglerroller

Australia has a zero tolerance for herb, I found that out recently.

Makes complete sense....

13. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

Yep

14. wtarshi

So I've been told. Doesn't stop nothing though

15. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

I don' care, whether someone smokes or not. It's for me the same like driving fast, drinking alcohol (as Buglerroller mentioned), gambling... it's the intensity that counts for me. How much does it influence the other ones and in this case also my life .

Someone, who smokes like a fire place- no, but if someone smokes a few cigarettes a day, I don't care

16. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

^^ yup yup!

Some nights though, I just feel like having a smoke out on the front step. I'd buy a pack of phillies blunt cigars, and smoke one while I sit there watching the cars pass by and whatever.
    Then give the others in the 3-for-1 package to the guys. They break the cigars open and use the paper to roll... other stuff. :p I don't mind that.

I don't like kissing smokers, so I wouldn't want to date a smoker. If they liked the occasional random smoke here or there, cool. But not out of addiction. If they're smoking pot, I don't mind that... it's not the same as kissing a cigarette smoker.

17. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

What about someone who smokes weed?

18. wtarshi

That's fine in my book. I've been known to partake in a little from time to time

19. Athena

Athena New Member

Absolutely NOT. There's a super cute BM in my neighbourhood, but I wouldn't even consider a casual chat with him because he smokes. Gross. (I smoked cigars for 6 months, but have been clean and clear for years).

20. Athena

Athena New Member

No. For sure not. I get random drug testing all the time and can't afford a second hand positive and lose my license.