The "Thank you" thread

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Arwen, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know what I said on my last post, but...

I disagree.
    During a GOP debate, he said that he would "strongly consider" nominating Supreme Court justices who'd be willing to overturn Ogberfell.

And more to the point his running mate is former Mike Pence, who is vehemently opposed to marriage equality.
    So TDK is entirely correct: if you're LGBT, or support marriage equality in general, you have every right to be concerned now that Trump is in office. There's a reason why evangelicals supported that ticket in record numbers.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Again doesn't effect her so everyone is being ridiculous

3. Since1980

It's easy to see the confusion that can happen when you defend Trump. He changes his positions on so many issues so frequently that it can make you dizzy just trying to keep up with what he says. :smt048

4. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Ah, the "tolerance" of the left on full display.

Who the fuck died and left YOU in charge of the forum? Oh wait, YOU AREN'T in charge of the forum or me.

So, why don't you go curl up in a corner and cry in your "safe space" and leave me the hell alone.

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I am going to disagree on this. This a guy that is on his third marriage. I doubt he is very religious. I think he is lying to tell people what they want to hear like Obama did. He will basically stay away from any harm. Some of the promises he made are so big that he won't have time to deal with that. Pence, however, worries me. As of right now, they did not win the popular vote and probably aware how they barely won this. This wasn't like Obama in 2008.... but We will see. I don't know if I want to be wrong or right because if I am wrong then some of my gay friends get hurt though already illegal to marry in Florida so not so hurt but I am pretty sure I am right.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

This comes back to him being a businessman and a salesman. That's what so many wanted, and now they have it.

I honestly think that all the drama/reality show addicted Americans need to have constant immediate uproar going on and that's exactly what he provides.

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I thought this was the "Thank You" thread...

8. Since1980

I agree with that part. Nothing about Trump before now indicates that he ever set foot inside of a church to worship so I'm not concerned about his opposition (or whatever his opinion happens to be today) to gay marriage from a religious standpoint. But he won the election on the backs of a lot of evangelical voters who are opposed to gay marriage. They didn't put him in office for nothing. Come hell or high water they will fully expect the Trump administration to get nominate a right-wing justice as soon as possible.

On the other hand, it would not surprise me at all if Trump absolutely flat-out refused to do anything that he said he would during the election. You are right about Pence, though. He is orders of magnitude worse than Trump is ever possibly going to be.

9. Since1980

Seriously. And I say that having broken my own request to keep politics out of this thread lol.

10. Since1980

Like the old saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it."

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It was...lol

12. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Bookworm,

Although I am black, I am economically better off than most people in general regardless of who they are, and I'm not saying it to brag, it's fact. I'm on my third job position already as a Business Analyst making almost $50,000 per year. I would wager that you are poorer than I am, even though you are older than I am.

Edit: Hence, I KNOW FOR SURE you are a contributor to the white demographic that supports Trump. That is why I and some other people find it exceptionally baffling that you would be a moderator on here of all places.

You still drive an old, beat up 90s Honda Accord that has mechanical breakdowns and all sorts of other problems. You have complained on this site that men in Chicago where you live reject you, find you undesirable and you're the one who has whined and cried about persistently being single, like the majority of American women are.

As I warned you, don't try to challenge me. You should leave. Poor white trash. I desperately urge you to relocate to Africa!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  13. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Ok y'all can get mad but that is funny

14. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Lol

A thread of peace turned to a thread of war. Lol

Thank you for the laugh

15. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I wasn't joking.

16. Since1980

Quick, somebody rep one of my posts so I can get this thread back on track! :smt043

17. Since1980

Happy Veterans Day to all the vets on the board! Thank you for your service to this country :smt038

[​IMG]

18. The Dark King

Wow this kid went in lol

19. The Dark King

The worst part is he doesn't give a fuck about re election like everyone else. So he's only loyal to himself. He will tank the shit out of this economy and buy everything super cheap. I'm saying it now Trump first trillionaire in history.

20. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

[​IMG]