The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Didn't Netflix go out of their way to redesign She-Ra to pander to the people who worried about body image issues being foisted onto girls? I guess they feel boys don't have body image issues or they're huge hypocrites.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

SEE — Season 2

A plague has decimated mankind. Those who survived emerge blind. Jason Momoa depicts a father of twins born with the ability to see.

3. SilverSmith

Lord of the Rings’ Anime Prequel

New Line is returning to the worlds of The Lord of the Rings.

The Warner Bros. movie division, which made the Rings trilogy and later adapted The Hobbit, has partnered with Warner Bros. Animation to produce an original anime set in Tolkien’s fantasy world.

Titled The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim, the stand-alone feature will be directed by Kenji Kamiyama, an anime veteran who last directed the TV series Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and produced by Joseph Chou. The two have worked on some of the biggest anime franchises over the years, including Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya, Ultraman, and Appleseed, on top of Ghost in the Shell.

Rohirrim ties to the original trilogy, specifically the second installment, The Two Towers, by focusing on an untold story behind Helm’s Deep, the fortress at the center of the movie’s epic battle. The story will be set hundreds of years before that fateful war and, according to the announcement, tell of the life and bloodsoaked times of its founder, Helm Hammerhand, the king of Rohan.

[​IMG]

https://bit.ly/3xjnVi5

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

5. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

John Wick's Lance Reddick announced the cast of the new Resident Evil series and he is playing Albert Wesker

https://twitter.com/lancereddick/status/1403401486802079745/photo/1
    [​IMG]
    Rest of the cast: Adeline Rudolph, Siena Agudong, Poala Nunez, Tamara Smart and Ella Balinska.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/reside...s-join-netflix-live-action-series-1234773762/
    I like the Lance Reddick casting as Albert. Everyone else in this cast I'am just not feeling it. The plot sounds decent and on par.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  7. SilverSmith

8. Tamstrong

9. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that as compensation for the debacle that was Max's storyline in "Stranger Things #3" . . . give Lucas a love triangle of two pretty white girls to compete for his romantic attention.

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Tamstrong

12. SilverSmith

Ubisoft’s Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora game. Coming in 2022.

13. SilverSmith

Rainbow Six Extraction, formerly known as Rainbow Six Quarantine, gives a taste of what to expect when the game launches on September 16th.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

More girl power bs. Pass

15. SilverSmith

Square Enix has shown off the Black Panther expansion for Marvel's Avengers.

During its E3 showcase, Square Enix released a new cinematic trailer that gives us a look at this upcoming free expansion.

16. SilverSmith

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The annual new video game showcases were this weekend and it struck me as to how creatively bereft most game makers are. Nearly every game is about "go here kill that", "go there kill those" rinse and repeat. I've been a video game player for 30+ years so I'm well aware that violence is the basis for a lot of games, but it seems lately that games are just about violence with nothing else going for them.

18. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah too much focus on graphics if you ask me and not enough on anything else.

But I suppose the lack of creativity is also just Videogames becoming more corporate.

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

The Rock is DEFINITELY a James Bond Movie

20. SilverSmith

Halo Infinite continues the Master Chief storyline and takes the franchise in ambitious and unexpected directions, powered by the all-new Slipspace Engine.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List