The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Do you like Halo multiplayer? I used to like it 15 years ago but now it's too tedious for me.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

I feel it can be quite challenging. If I was skilled at multiplayer-based games, I'd enjoy it even more.

3. SilverSmith

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I'm so excited and can't wait to play!!!

5. SilverSmith

6. SilverSmith

Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, today released an all-new teaser trailer for season two of its original series Star Trek: Picard.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

8. SilverSmith

The first teaser trailer for Titans season 3 is out ahead of premiering on HBO Max in August.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Anthony Mackie is getting heat from people online because he said this regarding people making up romance rumors between Sam and Bucky...

[​IMG]

I'm noticing a trend. They tried to push this with Finn and Poe and John Boyega shut them down. What is wrong with some of these people. There wasn't anything homophobic about what he said. Smh.

10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Even with that set up, I still hate love triangles lol

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

My understanding is that's just fanfic. Any two prominent males in a show/movie will get the same treatment. People fill in the blanks with what they wanna see (whatever they identify with, gay, interracial, little people, and so on).

It happens everywhere, even here. Doesn't this board still have an active thread highlighting pictures of black men doing nothing more than STANDING NEXT TO white women? Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

• List
  13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This.

They were already doing this stuff with Steve Rogers & Bucky after the first Captain America movie came out. Then the shit really picked up after the second Cap movie came out.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, "shippers" are everywhere in fandoms, but the problem is when they become toxic. Like the weirdos who literally threatened the producers of the most recent Voltron animated series if they didn't make the gay "ship" between Keith and Lance canon on the show. Or delusional like the people who really believed the Finn/Poe thing was going to happen.

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I can’t be the only one watching,”Black Summer” on Netflix, can I? Season 2 is out and, so far (as of ep2), that shit is fire.

This show is everything “Fear The Walking Dead” should have and could have been.

I had no idea it was back, though. Netflix’s promotion department sucks. I just happen to be scrolling through Netflix and saw it was back. Would never have known otherwise.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. darkcurry

To call him homophobic and want him "cancelled" for not going along with it is egregious and uncomfortable. @qaz1 I think you're misunderstanding the point of that specific thread you're talking about on here. Don't worry I did too in the beginning. lol.

That's the word. He respectfully didn't agree with the ship and laid out how it is a friendship just like John didn't and explained Finn and Poe's friendship so now they're this and that. Outrageous.

• List
  17. darkcurry

I'm going to get started on season 2 this weekend!

18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, @darkcurry . I looked further into it, and I think I see everyone's points. He could've phrased his point a bit better. But his comment was way overblown; he definitely didn't mean the insensitive thing he's accused of believing.

This article lays it out pretty well.
    https://decider.com/2021/06/17/anthony-mackie-falcon-and-winter-soldier-romance-controversy/

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

For those of ya'll that didn't get the how or why of me saying that Grace Randolph gives me "White Fanboy Vibes" several posts back, jump to around the 24 minute mark of the video from my man who started the Recast T'challa petition that was posted yesterday on his Youtube channel where he is addressing comments made by Grace Randolph in regards to the upcoming Black Panther 2 film. He pretty much touches on what I was picking up from this woman years ago the few times I checked her out.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  20. SilverSmith