The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm......I should probably check them out.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Sarcasm right? Because anybody other than another white man donning that Batsuit, there will be an entitled segment of white fanboys raising hell.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Agreed. If they brought in a black robin who eventually took the mantle fine but it always feels like pandering when they do it like this. I don't like feeling I'm being pandered to. I wonder if Asian fans want an Asian Blade or would they appreciate a completely different fleshed out character like a Jamie Reyes who is the Blue Beetle?
    I like that they created another Kryptonian Val Zod who happens to be black rather than give us a black Kal El. What will be will be but as a fan this doesnt excite me.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Exactly.

It's like they don't care to use their creativity for new black characters. Like It's not worth putting the thought into it. It would literally cost them nothing to imagine a new character. They aren't bound by physics or anything, just imagination.

Batman in blackface

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Since Batman has been temporarily replaced by at least half a dozen different people over the years, giving a black man a year or two under the cowl isn't that big of a deal. As long as they aren't race-swapping Bruce Wayne I don't have an issue with it.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't get that either. Falcon replacing Cap is different because he is still falcon with a new title.

Anyway I don't really care because I'm not much of a DC fan.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

DC logic:

There are other rich, genius guys that are extremely talented in martial arts that have the same resources and imagination as Bruce Wayne, and they just sit around as a back up just in case something happens to him

I'm gonna just chalk it up to strange DC "logic." A bunch of coo coo birds

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The Dark Knight battles the hideous threat from an alternate universe in the new trade paper back.

9. SilverSmith

Bloober Team and Lionsgate Games have released the Blair Witch launch trailer, which previews the first-person psychological horror game that is now available.

10. SilverSmith

Ubisoft is out with a new Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint live-action trailer featuring Jon Bernthal as his in-game character. The game will be available on October 4, 2019 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

[​IMG]

11. SilverSmith

Carnival Row Prequel Comics

From the Dark and Sparrowhawk, two prequel one-shot comic book companions from Legendary Comics are available on ComiXology, Amazon’s premier digital comics service. The two issues introduce readers to the show’s two main characters: the war-hardened investigator Rycroft Philostrate (Orlando Bloom) and faerie refugee Vignette Stonemoss (Cara Delevingne), allowing readers to get a sneak peek into the histories of the protagonists. Both issues are 99 cents.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

credit: Newsarama

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • List
  12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

13. SilverSmith

Overwatch Legendary Edition Coming to Nintendo Switch

Starting October 15, Nintendo Switch players will be able to join players from around the globe with the arrival of Overwatch Legendary Edition.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  14. SilverSmith

15. SilverSmith

Pearl Abyss launched open-world action MMORPG Black Desert on PlayStation 4 in August and released a short teaser featuring Megan Fox.

16. SilverSmith

Facebook Watch has dropped the first official trailer and key art for Limetown, a brand-new series starring Jessica Biel and Stanley Tucci, in advance of its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. Limetown will premiere with two episodes on Wednesday, October 16 at 12pmPT/3pmET on Facebook Watch.

[​IMG]

17. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Looks interesting. Might check this out.

18. SilverSmith

Supergirl Season 5 promo

[​IMG]

19. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

HBO Announces October 20 Premiere Date for Watchmen
    Sep 2019

HBO has announced the premiere date for its much-anticipated Watchmen series starring Regina King: October 20 at 9:00 PM.

Per Deadline: “Directed by Nicole Kassell from a script written by Leftovers alum [Damon] Lindelof, the pilot for this sequel of sorts to the borderline dystopian depicted in the award-winning 1980s comic series finds an America ruled by long-serving President Robert Redford. An alternative 2019 America where the best intentions have seen technology curtailed, the police now hidden by masks like the outlawed superheroes and white supremacy having picked up the legacy of the infamous Rorschach.

“Along with Don Johnson as the Tulsa Police chief, Jeremy Irons plays an aged and seemingly dispirited Ozymandias and Jean Smart as a past Silk Spectre. The heavily radiated Doctor Manhattan is in there too, but is unclear to what extent so far.

• List
  20. SilverSmith

A new trailer for Jason Momoa‘s ‘SEE’ for Apple TV+ has been officially released. Apple’s original TV service is launching on November 1st and its family subscription will cost $4.99 (!!) per month.