The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

New paranormal drama on ABC this fall called Emergence. The police chief Jo (Allison Tolman ) and Alex (Donald Faison) are ex-spouses who share custody of a child.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Jon Cryer has been a little corny at times playing Lex Luthor, but some of that have to do with it being on The CW. lol. But last night's episode was pretty good.

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I think he has done a good job considering the material he has been given. I agree with you for the most part. The CW doesn't really let supergirl get gritty. It's a shame, because I am under the impression that he is holding back for the sake of PG-13 television.

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Supergirl is really the only Arrowverse show I look forward to watching. Yes, it has it's bad episodes, but the good outweighs the bad and sometimes it boarders on great. They're actually trying to do something relevant with the show by addressing some of the very same topics (social/societal effects of superheroes' actions on the common man) that are talked about here in this very forum. Almost to the point of me wondering if a member of the writing staff doesn't lurk here from time to time.

Again, still not a great program. But, they're trying and, 70% of the time, it shows.

6. SilverSmith

Black Mirror returns in 3 weeks.
    Season 5 trailer:

7. meowkittenmeow

I miss Flockhart.

8. meowkittenmeow

Finally!!!

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I admit I haven't given it much of a chance since they blew up the Kara-Jimmy thing at the start of season 2 (still some of the worst tv writing I've ever seen). The only episodes I've seen since then are the two earliest Superman episodes (love him), one of the first Lex Luthor episodes (curious), and the Arrowverse crossover episodes (for completeness).

I guess I've pretty much written it off, only looking back when something in particular piques my interest. Intrigued to hear it's gotten better than I remember from episode 1 of season 2 lol

10. samson1701

Yeah, the CW couldn't afford to pay Calista enough to move to Canada where the show is shot.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. SilverSmith

The official trailer for CBS' EVIL series:

• List
  12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm not sold yet, but I'll probably give it at least one shot.

13. SilverSmith

CBS All Access has announced that its new Star Trek series starring Patrick Stewart will be titled Star Trek: Picard. The series will feature Stewart reprising his role as Jean-Luc Picard, which he played on Star Trek: Next Generation. The new series will follow him in the next chapter of his life.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  14. samson1701

15. ColiBreh1

So I guess it's safe for me to assume that Jon Cryer's Lex Luthor on "Supergirl" is inferior to Michael Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor on "Smallville"?

16. meowkittenmeow

Not inferior, just different. Enjoyable, but not as dark as it could or should be. Supergirl doesn’t really allow the show to go dark. It did when it was on the other station.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. SilverSmith

A brand new clip from Sony Pictures’ forthcoming villain horror film Brightburn has been released, depicting the malevolent kid testing his super abilities.

[​IMG]

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

They were teasing it during the Reign arch. Other than Manchester Black she was one of the best Villains on the CW.

19. ColiBreh1

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  20. meowkittenmeow

I didn’t care for it.