The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Exactly, a space demon.........has nobody else ever played Doom, Diablo or Warcraft? ;)

But seriously there has got to be a twist other than he is an "evil Superman" right?

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

My poor friend you haven't seen Hollywood writing these last few decades have you lol

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The BBC and BBC America have brought online the trailer for the Doctor Who New Year’s Day special, which is titled Doctor Who: Resolution and will premiere on January 1st at 8 p.m. on BBC America.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  4. SilverSmith

How did you manage to overlook the blatantly pro-gay t-shirt the new Doctor wore in early promotional images? It's obvious there's been proactive outreach to the LGBT community.

5. SilverSmith

Godzilla the Great watches the throne! lol Check out the new poster & trailer.

[​IMG]

6. SilverSmith

Nah, me neither. But I'm an entertainment junkie, and that's how I became aware of the new slant.

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Whenever I see Umbrella I immediately think of Resident Evil lol.

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Me too. Isn't Umbrella Academy a Dark Horse comic??

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

WOW!! Watching Part 1 of the current season's big Arrowverse crossover:

Oilver & Barry go to Smallville on Supergirl's earth-38 to see Kara & they're even playing the "Smallville" theme song.

10. SilverSmith

Season 2 of The Punisher is set to stream on Netflix, as revealed by this new promo video:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

It starts out good. By the third and final installment it runs out of gas. Really disappointing, to me, at least.

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I've always felt these big arrowverse crossovers that air in December are bloated, too many characters, chemistry/timing is off, & etc. I much prefer the minor crossover episodes.

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I actually like them. I enjoy seeing everyone get together. I think the reason I'm cool with these is that I've long since given up on having high expectations for the writing on these shows.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's the number of characters. It's the writing, lack of attention to detail and them always wanting to be "fun" instead of allowing it to be more a bit more mature. AOS routinely juggles a large cast of characters and they make it work. Hell, I wouldn't mind the comedy as much if the writing were better. Legends Of Tomorrow is light hearted, has a lot of characters, but is still pretty good (though I haven't caught up with this season).

As far as the chemistry and timing being off, I totally agree. That's the writing, too. Though, I felt the first ep was strong. Really enjoyed it. The second was just okay. Worth watching, but Batwoman needs acting lessons and a couple of key scenes didn't make sense. By the third, they were just checking off boxes to finish everything up. It played like a last years' episode of Supergirl. That's not a good thing.

The big crossover with The Dominators a while back was the shit, tho.

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I liked the crossover I just would have loved to see and know more about The Monitor. It did fall a little flat with Supergirl.

16. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I need to check that out, this should be funny.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Agreed about the Dominators the story line worked. The scene where batwoma jumped on the van and stopped it made no sense. For seasons they had Arrow jump om vans with far more weight and never stopped a van like that it was just weird. The forced dialogue between her and her sister was completely unnecessary. This never ending need to portray the characters as bad asses with absolutely no work is getting annoying. I think I've completely aged out of this whole thing if shit like this keeps being made. And for the love of fucking all things comics how dare they use the Smallville setting and not use Tom Welling. He actually looked like fricking Superman, he WAS Superman for 10 damn seasons. He left on good terms I honestly don't get why they couldn't use him.

18. SilverSmith

Jordan Peele has shared a new poster for US, his Get Out follow-up. The first theatrical trailer is due Christmas Day.

[​IMG]

19. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Okay so is this the film that he wrote and directed? Because I seen other projects of his where he is just serving as producer but because he is so popular they try to market it as a Jordan Peele Film.

20. SilverSmith

Yes, sir. He wrote the script and directed the project.