Solange attacks Jay Z while Bey stands back.SAY WHAAAAAT?!!?LMAO

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by hellified, May 12, 2014.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Back in the 80's, when rap exploded from the streets to the mainstream, rappers rapped about the same things like sex, excess, fun, life and love found at a party. It wasn't until rapper Curtis Blow But when gangster rap followed came out sampling Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards Chic song Good Times, that the writing was on the wall. Curtis Blow was sued by Rodgers and Edwards. Then, other rappers used tv theme songs like Green Acres, The Andy Griffith Show and even Gilligan's Island to start things up. It became a redundant game of one-upmanship. There were socially conscious rappers like Run DMC and LL Cool J. Then the fun rappers followed like The Fat Boys, DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, Kid Rock and The Beasty Boys. When gangster rap came out, I remember one analyst stating that gangster rap(or crime rhyme) was simply action movies for the ears. I do not consider rappers musicians or even singers. They are merely vocal stylists with a prose of their own. Rap has gone as far as it can ever go. Gospel music sometimes uses rap to bring in younger listeners.

2. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Don't forget Pat Boone, who made his fortune doing "white" versions of songs recorded by black musicians back in the day.

[YOUTUBE]ZFxTvffJqOg[/YOUTUBE]

But it's not just them. It's also what classical, jazz and country musicians do. Shit, the entire genre of "rock-n-roll" music and all of it's derivatives were co-opted out of the blues. You never hear people incessantly accusing rock musicians of "theft."

I'm not a fan of most contemporary rap, but that the criticism that the entire genre is "unoriginal" or based on "theft from other musicians" is a bunch of quasi-racist bullshit. It's mind-boggling what some black people get fooled into believing because they hear it repeated by other people.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yeah, he's suspect

4. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

5. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

6. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

7. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18 Well-Known Member

they might be as damaged as you though........where did i say i condone solo's actions? the point is jay aint sh!t and deserves any sh!t he gets. it's called karma.

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The memes about Solange v. Jay Z are priceless!!:smt043:smt080

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You keep saying JZ ain't shit, but have not gave us any reason to your conclusion.

10. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

11. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

12. TERRASTAR18

all that is proof of is your own color issues. where did i say i condone her actions? nowhere!:smt043 the point is jay aint sh.t so i don't feel bad for his tom a$$ not 1 single bit. i love how every conversation turns into bw aint sh.t. last i checked this is a celebrity and his sister in law. it has nothing to do with bp, bw especially so you can stop that.

from our previous discussions it is clear we have different views on race. i guess we will agree to disagree. i just can't go that samb0 route.

13. TERRASTAR18

14. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Projecting and ad hominem, thy name is Terrastar. Name calling when you have been intellectually bested and projecting your own insecurities is a sign of mental weakness. Put on your big "girl" pants and see if you can make a logical, fact based, rational, coherent, point. Lastly you have never seen me disrespect BW, or any woman on this forum so save the fake shaming tactics.

15. TERRASTAR18

intellectually bested? by you? negro please! i have yet to see anything close to a rational response from you. it is getting to the point where i only respond if you mention my name. ad hom attacks? pot meet kettle. changing someone's gender isn't a form of name calling? bye felicia....

you are waste to talk to because logic doesn't get through as proven by the tiger sergio thread so it's a waste because your worldview is different from mine. i don't shuck and jive. it's best to just ignore each other. talking with you is a waste of time.

16. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Way to wave the white flag of surrender, I know you are embarrassed as you never bring anything but hyperbole and insults to the table. Different world views have nothing to do with our disagreements, you make claims that are easily disproved then you proceed to sulk and insult when called out on your BS, just like you are doing now.

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'm not the biggest Jay Z fan, but he is incredibly savvy as a businessman. I have to give it to him.

18. TERRASTAR18

what white flag......the point is you are the type of black person who lives a life of delusion-
    you never refuted anything i said so they apparently weren't easily disproved. i never insulted you i called you what you are. are you angry to hear the truth? dudeyou can't be serious.:smt043

19. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Really? You said Tiger disavowed his Blackness in the Oprah interview, I posted proof in that same interview showing he did no such thing. You said Tiger apologizes to those who insult him, citing Kelly Tighlman, I refuted that claim as well. You said Tiger's foundation benefitted "5" minority kids, I posted proof that his foundation has helped hundreds if not thousands of minority kids. Shall I go on? Time and time again you have posted easily refuted claims and I'm the one you think is delusional? Seek help immediately.

20. DonnyJ

DonnyJ Banned

So, I should like rap music because I'm black? I can't be an individual? I should go along with the masses? Black people tell me all the time "oh you don't like rap? You a sell out". " Whyz youz beez listenin to that whitez folkz music? ". Rap is flat out thug music and I refuse to associate my self with it.