Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You know what. One thing I appreciate about this new era is I have more peace since I stopped engaging literal crazy people. No more debates about objective facts.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

This was a psych ops operation by Russia to destroy American's underlying faith in our government, the media/press, the democratic electoral process and our presidential elections.

Exactly how Putin has seized absolute control over Russia because the average Russian doesn't believe anything they see and read that's critical of his regime.

For some reason, Trump played along and spewed all of Russia's talking points, the main one being that the entire system is rigged and he would only accept the results of the election if HE won.

Here's what Trump supporters don't understand, it only takes one person from Trump's inner circle to tell Mueller that Trump willingly and knowingly accepted aid from Russian agents to benefit his campaign to destroy his administration.

3. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I think there is some desparation, but it's with POTUS and his followers. If they truly have nothing to worry about...They need to go about their business and let the investigation continue. I know... "It's a witch hunt and hoax".

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

You're underlying the wrong point, Bliss. The part that should be underlined is "in the indictment," because what this tells us is that this specific indictment makes no suggestion the Russian interference altered the outcome.

As a simple example to explain what I mean, consider the indictment against Michael Flynn, who has since pled guilty to multiple charges. Did that indictment state that Donald Trump had done anything illegal? No, of course not -- because it's an indictment of Michael Flynn, not Donald Trump. That specific indictment makes no statements about Trump's behavior, because Trump isn't the target of that particular indictment. The same applies here: this indictment happens to specifically be about 13 Russian officials (and 3 Russian entities). That doesn't exonerate anyone else.

5. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

1. I don't fucking like the Clintons, and I don't like the corrupt Democratic establishment that does nothing but lose elections and cave in to the GOP. If that makes me a Bernie Bro, I guess that's what I am.

The GOP controls all three branches of the federal government and has total control of two thirds of the state legislatures in the US. The Democrats have netted a loss of nearly a thousand seats since 2010. Pardon me for thinking that the Clintons, Pelosi, Schumer and the rest of the Democratic establishment are totally incompetent and care more about collecting donor money than winning elections or serving the interests of their constituency.

The party is actually willing to endanger the opportunity to take back the House by openly attacking candidates who are more interested in advancing a liberal agenda than taking corporate money.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/26/democratic-party-laura-moser-texas

2. Daou is a disingenuous piece of shit. Spouts a bunch of cynical "Hillary died for our sins" garbage all over Twitter and falsely accuses everybody who disagrees with him or the corporatist hacks who run the Democratic party of being sexist/racist.

I don't disagree with most of his attacks on the right. However, given what a freakshow the contemporary GOP is, that's a pretty low bar for astute political commentary.

3. No, his wife is NOT black. He had you fooled, didn't he?

4. I wouldn't assume the woman in the picture was black if somebody asked me to guess her race.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. The Dark King

He would have and should have. Its not good for the people when a corporatist wins. As idealistic as it sounds we need progressives to lead. Seriously what is the down side?

8. RicardoCooper

"Progressives" have to win elections first, there's that

9. The Dark King

One could have if his party didn't cheat.

10. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

The democrats threw Bernie under the bus....and he didn't seem to mind.

They're ALL playing us.

11. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Bernie was an interesting candidate, but his agenda; forgive debt to third world countries, free college, and forgiving student debt, and single payer healthcare, had no chance of passing in congress, and I never heard a word from him as to how all of that would get paid for. Noble endeavors all, but way too radical to get passed, Obamacare died many deaths before barely scraping by with no opposition support, and that change was basically a love note to the insurance companies.

12. The Dark King

His plan to pay for college and healthcare was to raise taxes on guys like us and I would gladly pay in order for our country to catch up with the rest of the civilized world

13. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

True, he did mention raising taxes on higher incomes, but from what I understood at the time those tax hikes were nowhere near enough to pay for all of the ideas on his agenda. Massive changes to the current budget would've been necessary as well, reallocating funds that would have gotten bogged down in the gridlock and partisanship that is congress. Wow I sound like a grumpy, jaded old man, I'm depressing myself ... lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. RicardoCooper

Sounds to me like "progressives" need a refresher course in Civics

15. RicardoCooper

That'd be a great way to get me to stay home and I'm a lifelong neoliberal shill.

16. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Bernie was an impotent, feel good candidate who would have been knee capped for 4 years without majorities in Congress.
    Maybe Bernie could have flipped Congress by selling his agenda from the WH, but more than likely they would have BHO'd him.

Then again, there's so much talk that the 2018 midterms are going to flip Congress, which would have been a perfect setup for the Sanders agenda.
    Still, that's more of a Trump backlash and not a fundamental change in how America wants to see this country headed.

17. The Dark King

Lmao I'm right there with you

18. The Dark King

And what would civics dictate?

19. RicardoCooper

Bernie isn't a Democrat, to whom are you referring?

20. RicardoCooper

That candidates must win elections and gain majorities in the House, Senate and SCOTUS before agendas can be enacted. Wishful thinking, temper tantrums, conspiracy theories and online polls don't count. I charge $50 for civics lessons, Paypal info in bio