Random media commentary

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The Weeknd was robbed.
    And he's upset.
    He is asking for transparency in the Grammy voting process, saying he and his fans are owed that.

Welcome to the light-side, Weeknd, where truth resides.
    Luke 12:2-3
    What's done on the dark will come to light.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Warner Bros to Release All 2021 Movies in Theaters and on HBO Max Simultaneously

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/y3kc8er4

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. SilverSmith

[via press release from Warner Media]

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Anyone else on the forum find Melissa McBride from The Walking Dead to be insanely hot?

5. SilverSmith

Here's everything that's coming to Netflix in Feb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. SilverSmith

The CW Gives Early Renewals to 12 Current Series For 2021-2022

February 3, 2021 (Burbank, CA) - The CW Network today renewed 12 of its current scripted series for the 2021-2022 season, including its new breakout hit WALKER, it was announced today by Mark Pedowitz, Chairman and CEO, The CW Network. Additionally, The CW is ordering 5 additional episodes for this season of WALKER, bringing its total episode count for 2020-2021 to 18, and 2 additional episodes of SUPERMAN & LOIS, bringing its total episode count for 2020-2021 to 15.

The current series being ordered for the 2021-2022 season include a second season of WALKER, which recently scored The CW's most watched series premiere in 5 years, as well as ALL AMERICAN (Season 4), BATWOMAN (Season 3), CHARMED (Season 4), DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (Season 7), DYNASTY (Season 5), THE FLASH (Season 8), IN THE DARK (Season 4), LEGACIES (Season 4), NANCY DREW (Season 3), RIVERDALE (Season 6) and ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO (Season 4). Specific premiere dates for each series will be announced at a later time.

[​IMG]

[via press release from The CW]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. SilverSmith

8. SilverSmith

A current look at the streaming wars.

[​IMG]

• List
  9. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Prime is Cheating.

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Someone else lets me use their Amazon Prime account anyway so technically I don't even count as a subscriber. Shit I'm already paying DirecTV enough as it is.

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The Weeknd had a huge year in 2020. "Blinding Lights" has turned into the biggest hit of his career. He was definitely robbed.

12. ColiBreh1

ICYMI there was 2 big music award shows this week.

The Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night

&

The iHeartRadio Music Awards on Thursday night

• List
  13. Skaddix

Does Billboard just use pure numbers to give awards cause wow seem way fairer then the Grammys lol

14. ColiBreh1

I'm not 100% sure. But as someone who keeps up with the billboard charts every week (via watching billboard chart countdowns on YouTube), it's easy for me to make a accurate educated guess who's gonna win each category. So yes I've always preferred the BBMA over the Grammys.

15. Skaddix

I skimmed the list and the picks seem pretty legit to me.

16. SilverSmith

Netflix's Army of the Dead, a hybrid heist-zombie film directed by Zack Snyder, is expected to reach 72 million accounts in its first four weeks of release, as per the streaming platform.

[​IMG]

17. Skaddix

Wonder if the Sequel will be in Mexico...we can see Omega get a Mexicana Queen lol

18. SilverSmith

Apple has unveiled a trailer for new original programs and films coming to Apple TV+ in the summer of 2021 and beyond.

• List
  19. ColiBreh1

Y'all see this big story in the sports media world today?

It was originally reported last year that Rachel Nichols was secretly recorded saying something controversial:

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1283595427636555776
    [​IMG]
    https://deadspin.com/espn-creep-used-the-jump-video-feed-to-secretly-record-1844398846

Looks like we know now what was said.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  20. Skaddix

@ColiBreh1 ESPN content is a joke these days for the most part. Still it seems that job was in Rachel's contract so she is right to be mad about it...and I assumed she said something worse then "Diversity Hire" but it doesn't seem she even called Maria Taylor even a Bitch much less a Jezebel or something worse lol.

ANd I don't think her is wrong that ESPN probably wanted a Black WOman on the cast because of BLM and are a boys club with limited slots for chicks.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021