Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah the traffic isn't quite as bad here but they drive wild and reckless a lot. Also Interstate 4 is the most dangerous hwy in the country. I had to learn how to drive specifically on that hwy to minimize the likelyhood of being rear ended, due to unexpected stops and slow downs.

I see countless wrecks around Orlando all the time. Tampa isn't as bad.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So excited I'm bout to jump out of my skin. I keep doing extra cardio to calm myself down. Two days away from summer break from school. Months away from a 2 year break and possible divorce from corporate America. Local liquor merchant has a store pic of some phenomenal bourbon just waiting. Ready to light them cigars after final exams, freedom in plain sight, it's about to be epic.

[​IMG]

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Congrats bro

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Cheers!
    [​IMG]

5. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Congrats! Sounds great!

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'll also have the time to take some German lessons with you after the summer if your schedule permits. :cool:

7. Madeleine

Yeah after the summer my schedule should permit it.:)
    Right now I’m really busy as I’m moving to Switzerland in days. Glad when it’s over. In Germany tenants usually put their own kitchen, washing machine and bathroom furniture, basically everything including all electric appliances into their flat even if it’s rented so moving is a nightmare. You have to remove and sell/get rid off or take along all that stuff when you move out. Glad when that truck is loaded and on its way across the border.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Nice! The pics I've seen of Switzerland are breathtaking.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you with the moving tho.....yikes!

9. Madeleine

So I got those Montenegro people through eBay ads who wanted to buy the kitchen. Before we finish talking and agreeing on the price and the exchange of money guy (brother of girl who wants the kitchen) starts loosening the side of one of the top cupboards. Forgets to hold the thing while loosening the last screw. Part falls onto ceramic glass stove and smashes it. We quickly nail the guy down to give us 500,- downpayment before he decides to flee and leave me with a smashed kitchen of no value.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Forgot to hold it? There is only one response to that.

That's what I would have said.

11. Madeleine

Yeah, something like that! Plus you can’t just start deconstructing before settling the financial side. I wasn’t sure whether he was a dummy or a criminal but turns out he and his friends who came later just didn’t have a clue.

12. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I think I'm ready for another baby. Don't care if I carry, foster or adopt him/her, but I feel like it's time and I feel like our home has so much love to offer that it's almost selfish to not see what opportunities are out there for us! Keeping my heart open and fingers crossed!

13. K

K Well-Known Member

Funny...when I saw you had posted on here (from alerts) I thought you were going to announce you are having a baby!

I truly believe that the children we are meant to raise come to us in whatever ways they do. I will tell you, as one who's gone through much of what you are talking about, it will change everything about you, your relationship, your family, and your life....even moreso than having your first baby does. Starting over with kids can be a really amazing experience, it's also a very difficult one. I had some real difficulties with pregnancies and deliveries, but by far adoption was the most difficult "pregnancy/delivery" of all of them. We're in the latest wave of her trying to understand the whys of things and it's such a heartbreaking process. As with most things when it comes to raising children, there is really no amount of information or preparing that can truly get you ready to go through looking into the eyes of your children and seeing deep pain and confusion that you truly can not fix.

Definitely not for the faint of heart. It will take every ounce of strength you have and test every part of you, your relationship, your family, and more. You're a strong woman with a strong man and I have no doubt whatever you do you will give it your all.

Get our your waders too because there is a LOT of crap to weed through when it comes to the foster and/or adoption world!!

14. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

For how long?

15. Madeleine

We were there for three weeks. But we came back 5 weeks ago. We moved from Germany to Switzerland last week. I live in a Swiss village between the lake and the mountains now. It’s so beautiful. I wasn’t very keen on
    moving again but I think this one was worth it.

16. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Sounds like both the trip and your present environs are both amazing. I can only imagine the views from your window.

17. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Spring is finally here, 15C in the shadow today, jippi!!!

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So..... I guess next we can expect Goodlove to pop up sometime soon trying to solicit folks into becoming Patreon subscribers to some ol' "Ya'll Ain't Nothin' But Some Coons & Nazis" style podcast that he'll announce he's hosting or some equally WTF type of bullshit.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Madeleine

Norwegians are tough when it comes to temperatures! Do you live far up north?

20. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Quite far up.