Matt James & Rachel Kirkconnell from The Bachelor

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by SilverSmith, Jun 12, 2020.

1. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Anyone watching tonight?

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I seen some of it and they are already treating him different than the black female bachelorettes. He has way more black women than obth of them and he already have to address the question on who he is ALLOWED to date. saying how people are expecting him to pick a certain type of person. I went into the hashtag and yup they already threatening and slamming him if he doesn't choose a black woman. Smh.

The Bachelor attracted those type of women that wants to control who black men can and can not date. He might cause a stir if he doesn't pick one of the black women.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Indeed they got any Latinas or something he could try to split the difference with something Brown lol.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

He shouldn't be The Bachelor if he's wary of receiving criticism from territorial Black women and cancel culture zealots. He could choose the wrong person because he worried too much about upsetting "sistas", thereby short-changing his happiness.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL, totally predictable. Do you remember that 1 scripted drama show on Oxygen that was basically a knockoff of "The Bachelor" called "UnReal"? In the 2nd season they had black bachelor & imo that season foreshadowed what would happen if they had black bachelor on the real "The Bachelor".

The irony is that whenever there were tweets or articles in the past promoting the idea of a black bachelor, it was usually WW rooting for it in the comments/replies.

6. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

black matriarchy got brothas shadowboxing with themselves.

life is short. Too short to live the life ideologues want for you.

7. darkcurry

Yeah I remember and thought of the same thing. It's all about if that particular audience gravitated towards this season of The Bachelor. On the spinoff shows they recieved less heat and drama when ww/bm pairings were happening and winning because that particular audience stayed away.

8. darkcurry

Totally! But it just goes to show it isn't about his or any other brotha's(that gets heat) happiness, it's about theirs. Very selfish. But unfortunately for him that audience is already watching. Hopefully they will go away as the season progress.

Sidenote: I didn't know he was that tall! He towered over damn near every single lady. lol.

9. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Because we are weak and allow it. I would go on a rant but what I write may be interpreted as bashing black women and I don't want to spit in the face of the rules.

10. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

And THIS is why I don't want a black James Bond. There would just be a flood of articles spouting how detrimental it would be if any of his love interests were not black.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. darkcurry

Well it is a particular part of them. I don't think it should be framed as anything but because I have seen black women under the hashtag defend him and some even rooting for a couple of the white women. Even those black women agree with us on here so I don't think we would be saying anything wrong pointing out, discussing and defending ourselves against those that have a problem with our union no matter what race and sex they are.

12. darkcurry

TMZ is already fanning the flames of him choosing a white woman and catching heat for it. They have some weak ass black men on that show. It's like it's one of the criteria's the media outlets look for when they hire black males. Like I said it isn't about black men's happiness it's about themselves. That particular group want control over what black men can and can not do. Therefore I don't have any respect for that group. I don't want to root for him choosing a white woman I want him to choose whomever he clicks with, but I would love to see him choose a white woman unapologetically. Enough of this weak stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

14. ColiBreh1

15. darkcurry

Like I said that specific audience made it's way to The Bachelor season.
    But I must say the media is blowing this up and fanning the flames because the favorites among fans I have seen in the hashtags are white women... including one ironically named Rachael. lol.
    https://www.realitytvworld.com/news...l-kirkconnell----plus-photo-gallery-28847.php

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/bachelor-who-is-rachael-kirkconnelll-48092830

It's like I hope what would happen and that is the heat on him is dying down, but the media is trying to keep it going. Smh.

• List
  16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Matt James Sets the Record Straight on Dating Black Women (Why Brother, Why?) [​IMG]

During an appearance on Monday's episode of the Talking It Out with Mike & Bryan podcast, the Bachelor star, 29, told hosts and Bachelorette alums Mike Johnson and Bryan Abasolo that he wanted to "set the record straight" about his past relationships.

"People for some reason think I don't like Black women," he said. "The last women I've dated have all been Black women. I don't understand why that's so hard for people to understand. People should want you to be happy, regardless of if they're white, they're Black, they're Asian, whatever."

"I've dated all across the board," the real estate broker continued, adding that he was happy to see a diverse group of women as contestants on his season of The Bachelor.

"My dating life looks like what we saw on night one [of the show]," James said. "Spanish women, white women, Asian women, Black women. Everything that I've ever dated and what I'm into isn't race-specific, and when you're looking for things that aren't race-specific, you have to have a broad cast of characters to fill all those things, and thank goodness they had it, because it allowed me to enjoy the process the way that I did."

James, who is the ABC franchise's first Black Bachelor, went on to lay out the characteristics he is looking for in the woman he hopes to one day marry.

"A down-to-earth, genuine person," he said. "And that is ambiguous of what you look like. Because I've dated beautiful women — well, I would say I've dated people who I thought were beautiful, and then I've dated people who other people would be like, 'You're dating her?' The people who they were kind of skeptical about were the best relationships I had because they were caring, they were compassionate, we respected each other."

He added, "What I'm looking for is someone who I can spend my life with and the qualities I'm looking for have so little do with what you look like and so much more about where your heart is, and what type of person you are."

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/y4xohwh6

17. ColiBreh1

[​IMG]I bet he's already regretting doing this show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. darkcurry

I finally watch this week's episode this morning and...

[​IMG]

Some of these girls are EMBARASSING! I forgot how ridiculous this show is. Sarah the original frontrunner seemed real fake for me and got checked by Katie(vibrator girl) for taking up too much time with Matt.
    [​IMG]

Katie became the favorite in this episode, but Katie might be too nice for a competition show.

[SPOILERS]

19. ColiBreh1

How many episodes into the season so far? I might binge to catch-up.

20. darkcurry

This was the third episode.