IR in Music Videos thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Nellie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I didn't know that Kylie Jenner is the main love interest in the music video of PartyNextDoor's 2016 hit "Come and See Me":

I'm starting to think 1 of the reasons R&B/Hip-Hop Singers like The Weeknd & PND are teflon from the criticism of having mostly white/non-bw in their music videos is because they're Canadian. Not sure if they would be as Teflon if they were American

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I think it is more so they don't portray themselves as pro-black and expands their audience. But you might be onto something, because I don't know why so many Canadian brothas get away with that. lol.

BTW Wasn't this the guy she dated after she broke up with Tyga and before moving on to Travis Scott?

3. ColiBreh1

I remember PND being romantically-linked to Singer Kelahni & Iggy Azalea, but I don't remember if he was linked to Kylie Jenner.

4. darkcurry

I remember seeing it on TMZ.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ColiBreh1

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  6. ColiBreh1

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

HE CANCELLED

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. ColiBreh1

More videos with Kardashians:

10. ColiBreh1

11. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

"I Choose you" by Ryann Darling...

12. chamber

chamber Active Member

Becky Hill, WEISS - I Could Get Used To This

13. darkcurry

Anybody else's theatres be playing music videos before the movie trailers start. lol.

Anyway While awaiting to see Avengers: Endgame They played this video to the audience.

Sara Bareilles - Fire

14. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I would stop going to any theaters that subjected me to music videos. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Where l was the theater did not show the video.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Don't know how to make a new thread but this shit is so on point

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well I think the major reason it goes unchecked is the same reason you have so many black men willing to call other black men trash. Think about that what kind of person goes around saying an entire group that includes them is trash? Its mainly because so many of our men are absent due to incarceration and high unemployment. Unfortunately black kids grow up in a household of a lot of single mothers where the woman is the head. There is no one around to challenge blanket black men are trash statements. Even worst black boys and girls adopt a sense of bitterness for not having black men around and don't see their worth. Also the bread winner sets the tone so those in control of the resources make the rules. That's why black women can date all the non black men they want with next to no consequences. I've never in my life heard of a single black woman disowned hell openly criticized for dating non black men and honestly they shouldn't. Be with whoever you want its none of our business. Black women experience oppression for being black not being women. Its very easily confused since the feminist rhetoric has taken root but very few black women can held back by black women. Honestly they are the feminist dream come to life.

18. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of that I'm Not Racist video

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It’s interesting the complaints she made... most involved her and black women. I think it was because she said she wanted a daughter. She should have said she wanted a son. The sister/sista would have just rolled her eyes and said, “he’ll grow up to be ain’t shit like his daddy”. And then there wouldn’t have been a need to have a song.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Uhhhh....meh.

There are a few things that irk me about this video despite its possible good intentions and some good points it makes.

1)Giving voice to annoying, judgmental black women who think they have a legitimate beef regarding this whole issue especially considering black people in America participate in IR less than all other races.
    2)Suggesting that one good way of getting black women to accept white women who date black men is for those particular white women to express how they are simply emulating black women ad want to be like them; in other words what they are doing is complimentary because it suggests an admiration of black womanhood. Get out of here with that bullshit. Most white women who date black dudes are not trying to copy black chicks. That's a fallacy.
    3-Presuming that black men and white women must JUSTIFY and EXPLAIN themselves when they hook up. And who are they doing this for? Black men must ensure black women that they don't hate their "sistas" when they cross that racial line; white women must express their respect to black women and make it clear that they are not trying to invade their turf. It's all about sucking up to black women who themselves never have to go out on such a ledge when they themselves cross that racial barrier. Its hypocritical nonsense,.