Hey, baby...what's your sign?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Tamstrong, Dec 4, 2014.

?

What is your Zodiac Sign?

1. Aries (March 21-April 19)

4.5%
  2. Taurus (April 20-May20)

6.7%
  3. Gemini (May 21-June 20)

13.5%
  4. Cancer (June 21-July 22)

10.1%
  5. Leo (July 23-August 22)

2.2%
  6. Virgo (August 23-September 22)

12.4%
  7. Libra (September 23-October 22)

11.2%
  8. Scorpio (October23-November 21)

10.1%
  9. Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)

7.9%
  10. Capricorn (December 22-January 19)

6.7%
  11. Aquarius (January 20-February 18 )

6.7%
  12. Pisces (February 19-March 20)

7.9%
  1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I don't think I've had Patron, and that's because when I do drink... It's beer. Interesting that your parents did that flight thing. ...and that comment from the teacher... Wow... To this day nurses and teachers are the professions I hold in the highest regard, but like others, I guess they have bad apples too. We're in agreement on the being poor/bad areas vs. shithole town. My parents are from small towns in GA and SC (but only about 20 miles apart), and like so many others blacks during that time they made their way up north. The problem (for me) was that each summer we'd get sent "down south" and I don't have to tell you what a culture shock that was to go from big city to the sticks. It was always good to see the relatives (both parents have several siblings), but the boredom was too much. I used to beg to come back home early, but mom would always say that we didn't need to be in the city when school was out. Yeah, once I was working full time it was great when I was able to afford a better area. I was only a few miles away, but the neighborhood was much better, then I went a bit farther to the suburbs. Sounds like you may have made a task list for yourself? It's OK, you're on vacay, and you get to spend it any way you'd like.

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I think the issue with the teacher was a big part of their decision. The slurs my mother used to refer to the woman made clear what her problem with her was. Other than the weird talking to we got, all I remember about the woman is how grumpy she was & she always looked like she found us all annoying as hell. lol There are plenty of bad apples working in the school system. One my brother's first grade teacher used to lock him in a storage room when she took the other kids to recess. He managed to escape one day, because the teacher in the room on the other side that shared the storage left her door unlocked. He ran all the way across town to get home, and of course he was freaking out. He hadn't told my mother it was happening because he was scared; she also had a habit of screaming at him a lot. The crazy thing though, is the administration did absolutely nothing about it but move him to a different class. smh It pretty much ruined school for him though. I imagine it was quite a culture shock down south, especially if there's not much to get into. I used to enjoy visiting cousins that lived out in the sticks when there were things we could get into. Running around in the woods, climbing trees, exploring old abandoned buildings, skinny dipping in a pond we found out there, etc. But other places have absolutely NOTHING to do, and most small town libraries suck. I feel your pain though, the boredom you suffered was what I usually dealt with year round. Even if you didn't go far, those few miles definitely make a difference. Yeah, there were some things I wanted to be making some progress on, but I've been too busy doing nothing so far. lol

3. Tamstrong

4. DudeNY12

Damn! - Even my aspirations are sinking.

5. Tamstrong

Yeah, mine too. lol

6. DudeNY12

Maybe, but yours' have you staying on the right side of the law:D. Can a brotha count on you if I need to be bailed out?;)

7. Tamstrong

SInce one of my genres is fantasy, I'll just use magic to get you out. :p

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You wanted the Crime & Horror, huh. DEVIL WOMAN. The Series. :p

9. Tamstrong

LOL! Yeah, those and I could also do comedy and drama. DEVIL WOMAN, The Series has a nice ring to it. :p

10. DudeNY12

IKR! Damn it.... almost departed from G-rated again (dragging myself back:D)

11. Tamstrong

Wrong kind of fantasy. ;):p

12. DudeNY12

I know, I know, hence the dragging myself back.:D

13. Tamstrong

Good job with the self-control. ;)

14. DudeNY12

I'm on it. If I stay on it... I may avoid needing a 12-step program:D