Dealing With A Racist Neighbor

Discussion in 'Dealing with Prejudice' started by puckbrain, Nov 14, 2014.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The battle between the house negro and the field negro ensues

Lol

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Awww shit.

So uhh. Which one is you?

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm neither

I'm half Cherokee and I got some Italian in me

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

YoU gay whore you

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Work it, sister!

6. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

You peace loving liberal...lol

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's easy to Monday-morning quarterback when ur not the racially oppressed minority, living above some loud mouth white guy who keeps yelling racial obscenities towards your people

I'd hate that asshole too

9. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I'd walk upstairs had have a few words with the dude. That behavior is sickening and those who sit idly by are just as bad IMO.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I mean damn, come on now

Bad enough the world views me in a negative light

Now I gotta face that shit in my home too

11. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Incredibly sad. We should be free from the harsh realities of the world when we're at home. Seriously your house should be your sanctuary and if someone is ruining that, they need to be checked. It's that simple.

12. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Ha!

13. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Living above...seriously...the world is your oyster ...my pipes would be breaking and leaking on his head...I would hire some tap dancers to practice at my house while I was at work...put my speakers on the floor vents...etc

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I used to leave the vacuum in the same spot when the people below me were annoying

15. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Visited Professor Gates huh? If not my bad but I like what that man is doing with the genealogy of my brothers and sisters in the diaspora :cool:

16. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Call it whatever you want, I don't care (after all, I clearly live in this perfect world bubble with no hate, where everything is the way it "should" be :roll:), but when dealing with an issue between a "racist honky neighbor" and his offended neighbor (who right off the bat called him a "honky" in his post), I would not recommend a confrontation between the two. Even as far as just "the racist neighbor" is concerned, you most likely wouldn't be able to fix his ignorant mentality by saying anything to him. That's just my opinion. Being asked for MY 2 cents, I would side with those who said to take the high road, ignore him, kill him with kindness, etc. Unless the neighbor's words were somehow heard/taken out of context (maybe he was just rapping, lol), I would definitely not recommend that he confront him especially in an angry/upset manner, nor fuel the fire for such. Now back to my Monday-afternoon quarterback fun... :smt037

17. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[YOUTUBE]XLEmPa7mjFg[/YOUTUBE]

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Very cool!!!

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had on a couple of occasions, had problems with a racist neighbor. He lived in a trailer across from mine when I was in college. Ironically, he attended the same college. He was in the Forestry courses(one of the top four courses on campus that included, health care fields, golf course management, aviation mechanics). The guys in forestry were all white guys who were studying to become forest rangers. Well, this guy and his buddies would be outside drinking beers, singing songs by Garth Brooks(whom I happen to like). Sometimes they would get drunk. This guy walked over to my corner where my room is. I heard this guy say to his buddies, " This is my corner." He laughed slyly and pissed on the corner wall. I did nothing about it since the forestry guys were a bit clannish and a move against one is a move against them all. I told the story to a female classmate one day. A friend of hers who overheard told me that the guy was her boyfriend. She told me; more or less warned me about him. I had met him in person(he stopped to give me a ride into town while I was walking). He told me who he was and we chatted briefly. I don't think he was threatened by me and he was trying to scare me. But I wasn't afraid of him. His girlfriend talked to me again and said that he had met me. He referred to me as 'the guy.' I was not surprised if he referred to me as 'the nigger' to her in actuality. But then, it all changed when the forestry guys and I got along well and the eye of distrust fell on my roommate who had a drinking problem was stalking their girlfriends who happen to live with them. Well, because I was living in the Deep South, I knew I had to follow the unwritten rules here regarding race relations. Even though I had seen white guys with Asian women together and they didn't face much difficulties. One friend of mine, a Japanese girl and her boyfriend who happened to be a fair-haired white guy, had one incident when the KKK came to town(marching in support of David Duke when he was running for governor at the time and the gathering was at the Olustee Battlefield, a site of one of the few battles that the Confederacy had won). The boyfriend told me that his boss handed him a KKK flyer(the boss knew that he was dating an Asian woman). He was just as concerned as I was at the time. A lot of students at the time went to cities like Jacksonville or Gainesville to have fun with a person of a different race at that time, or they did it in secret. I'd say I handled the situation well enough with the forestry guy. Violence would not be the best course of action in anyway.

20. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

You know it girl ;)