Celebrity R.I.P.s

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

My dad and I turned my little nephew on to this guy. At least his artistic gifts to us will live on.

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

This one hurts. Loved him since I first saw him on "The Wire" (where he was in a wwbm relationship btw!). I'm going to see John Wick 4 to pay my respects.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• List
  5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I was just about to post this. Mr. Belafonte will definitely be missed. He was a true original. R.I.P.

20230425_121647.jpg
    20230425_121653.jpg
    20230425_121743.jpg
    20230425_121657.jpg
    20230425_121705.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

He would be sorely missed. He was lR for a long time. Movies like Island in the
    He would be sorely missed. Belafonte has been in IR for many years. In film Island in The Sun,The World, the Flesh and the Devil,his appearance with Petula Clark on TV,etc.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Grew up on this Legend. It was a pleasure to be enlightened and entertained by Mr. Belafonte all these years. RIP HARRY!

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  9. Soulthinker

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

True that, lol.
    The best part of the show though, was his 'Final Thoughts' epilogues.

I also learned that he discovered he had pancreatic cancer only 3 months before his death.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• List
  12. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Wow . I really liked that guy. I think he also starred in season three of "Medici" on Netflix. I will have to watch it again as tribute. Rest in Power Ray Stevenson!!

13. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• List
  16. Soulthinker

17. Soulthinker

18. 2legit

2legit Active Member

Good riddance !!! a rat has died why even bring him up ? him and his stupid 700 club that fund oppression. This is the man who said people of Haiti, are paying for "pact to the devil" when disaster hit that country. If Haiti was full of Caucasians with blonde hair and blue eyes he wouldn't say such thing about them.

[​IMG]

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Looked that up. He also said the same about Americans and Hurricane Katrina.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/index.html

What's more interesting is learning this...

In 1825, Haiti was forced to pay millions of French francs to France in exchange for that country's recognition of its sovereignty.

And...

America was saved largely through the efforts of one man: Toussaint L'Ouverture. No longer a slave himself, Toussaint nonetheless trained and led the half million African slaves of Haiti to victory after victory, over England and France, for more than a decade. In the process, he kept America free from European domination.

And...
    Early in the 19th century, Haiti helped modern-day northwest Brazil, Guyana, Venezuela, Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, northern Peru, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Bolivia to obtain their independence.

I knew about the slave revolt, but not this. They are some Warriors.

Oh, and it goes without saying...

Since the 2010 earthquake, $6 billion has been disbursed in official aid to help the people of Haiti. Nearly all of it has gone to intermediaries such as international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and private contractors.

(Including thieves Hillary and that bum from the Fugees, Wyclef.)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• List