BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

When I saw the trailer her very presence made me lose all interest. Looked like the show was more about the mom's relationship with her than the husband/ father. No thanks.

2. Cocoarnold

Cocoarnold New Member

You're just like me watched the first episode and avoided that shit it like the plague it was.

For single drunk female I've just skimmed through season 2 and my advice is to avoid that shit PLEASE. season 2 kills the IR as a matter of all the IR, it's like trying to say please dont date outside your race. I hope it gets cancelled season 2 was dead.

Seems like all the BM/WW relationships dont get happy endings on tv these days. There is a message that is being pushed but i'mma ignore it and pretend I'm blind to all the failed IR relationships between BM and WW on tv. Wish they could make a show like happy endings this time to neutralise all the negativity on tv right now.

3. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

In terms of single drunk female, I both agree and disagree. The first season was solid because it stripped down the usual tv bullshit for a messy depiction of a woman turning her life around. The BM was the romantic lead of that season. Whatever was happening between them ended in the season finale like a romantic breakup. The second season, which I skimmed as well (for the same reasons you did) followed that narrative thread. All romantic couples on these shows get together and breakup because to quote show runner Mike Schur, all tv couples need obstacles to overcome. This doesn’t bother me with IR couples on tv. What does bother me about season two of SDF is they expanded the cast but didn’t expand the BM’s role, thus he’s just another player amongst numerous others. Also, all the males on the show are written in an idealized “woke” way. Combine this with sex positivity (think Fleabag) and, for me at least, you get a silly sex romp about a gritty real subject. And the writing is on the wall, the BM is very close with the trans female character. There’s the unstated love triangle between the BM and the white dude. I’m out. Season one was good - strong subject, decent to good storytelling, no bullshit. I don’t have much hope for the series moving forward. I guarantee you that there isn’t one BM in that writers room.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Are they divorced? were they intimate at all?

5. olsenlover

olsenlover Member

They get back together and hook up once to the point that I have seen, tho I don't know what happens next. It was a seconds long clip anyway with a kiss and some "implied" sex.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL, y'all quit too soon. @Jeffrey Tripp No Kathryn Hahn & the black husband aren't divorced. He kicked her out of the house sometime before the 1st episode's present day scenes. But she moves back home in the 2nd or 3rd episode. So they're back together, but they still have internal family issues & are going to therapy.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Jeffrey Tripp

I watched and this was actually pretty good. They played the struggling married couple very well. Actually I like the relationship between the younger version of the characters as well.

8. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

this probably doesn't count under traditional bm/wf pairing but I figured let's break up the monotony

Brother shows up two thirds of the way thru

9. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

finally, have a date June 4th

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Hopefully it won't get pushed back again, but this being a summer release would work out for them.

11. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Its not going to get pushed back again. The first two eps are debuting this month at Cannes.

12. Jeffrey Tripp

I'm looking forward to this but you know a Black man basically playing a cult leader that has power over White girl is going to scare the daylights out of certain folks.

13. hunterkil

hunterkil Member

there was in Quantico deleted kiss Alex and owen !! anyone know something about it

• List
  14. hunterkil

hunterkil Member

dead ringers
    its was disappointing Rachel Weis was sexual personality in show and had with all white actors except sure black man though his character was to close to her but nothing happen. this happen with all 70s white actress like amy adams and nicole kidman etc

15. Jeffrey Tripp

That shouldn't have surprised you.

16. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I binged this show and thought it was really enjoyable. There’s a love triangle between Keri Russell’s character, her husband and a Black British politician but it’s written well and there’s so much going on in the show that the romance stuff is kind’ve background for me.

17. Jeffrey Tripp

Does the Black guy get intimate with Keri Russell's character?

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I don't think Rachel Weisz ever played any sort of love interest to a black man in her career. She could very well be against that. I said this before that Ali Larter isn't the only actress that was exposed for having an issue with having intimate scenes with black men. There are more; Rachel could be one of them. I never seen this show though to know of any relationship dynamics so it could also be a nothingburger.

19. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

In the latest episode of the CBS series Fire Country, Jake and Cara (played by Jordan Calloway and Sabina Gadecki) have their second romantic outing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

SMH & LOL. ABC's "A Million Little Things" is a show I probably would've got into years ago if they had established a prominent IR early in the series . Now they wait till the final season to do 1 with a regular character & the other formely a recurring character who is just guest-starring in this final season. Just a 1 episode tease.