Beyonce and Colorism

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Feb 7, 2018.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Because it shapes who gets treated with humanity and who doesn't
    It effects employment it effects whether or not you are considered suspicious of a crime and if you do get arrested how much time you serve. It's the difference between being worthy of help or just another shit hole country.
    You seriously don't get how looks matter?

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. You're seriously conflating everything you can with beauty standards and black womens issues.

Tell you what, just feel sorry for who you want. All I said was don't be shocked when people here don't feel you on it.

Carry on.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

For the record it is the ACTIONS of those who look like me that make me despise some, NOT their shade of skin a.k.a. shiesty negroes & negresses

Maybe I'm just lighter-skin privileged but it's never me that makes an issue of skin tone except to say that I like pale white women

I've said on here I think Bria Myles is hot and Gabi Union was hot a few years back, what more y'all want lol

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This!

5. The Dark King

To me that's like a white person saying hey I only hire those from Cooke county. Not saying everyone on the south side is a thug but every thug I've come across is from there. Its there own fault they should move.
    But hey to each their own

6. RicardoCooper

Well bro you are full on with your victimhood trip on this particular issue, so I will say no more on the subject and leave you to it, it's simply not my problem

7. The Dark King

Lmao you are hypocritical af right now. If a white person said some dumb shit like that to you.... lol
    Carry on light skin lol

8. RicardoCooper

They wouldn't, because I'm not on a victimhood trip, I dont look for "allies," I don't expect empathy. It's like I said in another thread about dating IR while "woke", boycotting Starbucks isn't white people's problem, conversely dark skin problems ain't my problems

Again I'll leave you to it good luck

9. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Of course it’s unfair if darker skinned people are disadvantaged in any way, be it in the black community or in general society. Just because I’m not personally affected and I don’t personally discriminate against dark skin people I can still spot this problem.
    Just that I’m not sure we can do much about it on this forum. The ladies here are already pro-black skin in all shades and the men hopefully have some sense in their head not to extend evil treatment they wouldn’t want to receive to somebody else.
    But in general I think it’s possible and necessary to show empathy for an issue that is not your own.

10. The Dark King

How do you think we got here? How do you think we as a people got from slavery to becoming educated and able to accumulate wealth? Do you imagine its some great fluke, some unchecked accident? You only have the ability to date who you favor and choose because others sought allies others had empathy and recognized none of us are islands onto ourselves. Recognizing what problems exists isn't victimhood if it were no one before you should have ever opened their mouth to things that were wrong with the world so that you could enjoy the comforts you have become accustomed to but never the less fair enough.

11. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

-

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  12. RicardoCooper

Your whole argument went from empathy for dark-skinned black women, to how we got here, to my ability to date who I want, to my so-called comforts in the modern world lol wow. You're incapable of a logical line of reasoning on this topic

For the third time, have at it bro, do you

13. RicardoCooper

I can show empathy to a degree, but if something ain't my problem, I'm gonna just keep it moving

14. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Agreed.

That's the best empathy you can and really should give. Have to be limits to it.

15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I was just going through my IG feed & saw Bernice Burgos post this pic of herself:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmHdJqKlCYM/
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] @The Dark King You sure Bernice isn't Darkskin?

16. The Dark King

17. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

??

18. K

K Well-Known Member

Let me try to translate for you:

It's summer, my friend, and she has a tan. Do you understand?

Something kindof like that, Rev.

(LOL I feel like part of the airplane movie!)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. The Dark King

Didn't know you spoke jive lol
    You did a good job

20. K

K Well-Known Member

One of my many hidden talents.