Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I was 25 and dumb as fuck at the time. Those days are long gone. If the night cost more than a couple hundred my black ass is staying home. I got student loans now lol

2. The Dark King

That's another thing that's getting played out. The whole destination wedding thing. Time off from work plus thousands to fly and stay somewhere plus a damn wedding gift. And you're super fucked if you're in it.

3. The Dark King

If you ever Holla at me.
    It would be actually cool to have a NYC meet up in general

4. The Dark King

Smh damn Philly oreo like a motherfucka

5. K

K Well-Known Member

Yah...in this case it wasn't a destination wedding, that was just for the parties. The whole wedding thing was a bunch more requirements. He ended up telling the guy straight up that he just couldn't afford to be in the wedding. It was crazy! The girls in the wedding have it even worse: the dress and shoes, the required hairstyle, etc, the numerous gifts for all the showers, bachelorette party, on and on it goes.

I thought it was bad when I was younger. I get it's everything to the couple and their family, but it's just an event for other people and it's ridiculous to think that people are just going to stop everything and put out so much for these things.

I've been promoting very small intimate private weddings to my adult children!

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Seriously u got broadway and a-list actors doing plays when they're not doing movies

I'm a Hugh jackman fan like everyone else and I'd love to see him in person in a play

Seriously I was a freshman way back then and they had a diversity seminar between different schools (because college really was the first time many students were interacting with other races). They started playing salsa music and shorty was gettin it in and my ass was corny as fuck lol

7. K

K Well-Known Member

Hey my son was saying that the latest is that the couple then get married and they do a big thing for the house warming. Then she gets pregnant and they are having big parties where they announce the gender of the baby. I guess they didn't think doing the baby shower was enough?

8. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I agree and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Tell me when and where and I'll buy my bus ticket :)

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'll meet u playas up there with my boy beanie sigel

10. Cherok33

I would love to meet anyone who would like to meet me :)

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

That is amazing! He is a great guy and I'm excited for him and his gorgeous wife!

12. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Great for the big guy!!

13. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

i d like! :freehug:

14. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Cosign

15. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Me too :D
    I always wanted to see NYC again anyway.

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Meh. Come to Philly.

17. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Which is only a short trainride away from NYC.
    I already checked that and could easily do both ;)

18. Cherok33

I'm serious I could use a weekend getaway to hang w friends so I'm down! I'd really enjoy meeting yall.

19. free816

free816 New Member

Do I have to bring the wife lol

20. Cherok33

The more the merrier :) if she would enjoy a weekend getaway I don't see why not!