Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Got that one when typewriters were in full effect. LOL

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

That wasn't the wake up call. I expected something to go wrong in Mississippi. We all know about emmit til. and also about how the Mississippi government plotted against black people. I was on high alert in Mississippi the whole time.

3. archangel

The cop was black so I didn't think it was racial profiling but was more annoying than anything.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Nothing like good ole state-sponsored terrorism to get the juices going

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Are you new?

6. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Archangel has been here longer than you

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

He's new alright.........'new black'

Oh lawd

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

9. archangel

I'm not arguing that I think he was wrong. It may be racial profiling but I would have to take a look at the stats. It wasn't like I wasn't going over the odds on me being pulled over having visited Mississippi for as long as I did. I've spent may be 3 days in Mississppi all together in my life time. coincidently. What are the chances of this happening? pretty low.

I'd have to look at the stats though. I give minority cops a little more walking room as we don't often see them beating women on the streets or killing men for untaxed cigarettes. not to say all other cops are like that but you don't see them doing it. it also doesn't mean that he wasn't doing it.

I just don't want to blame a guy without proof.

10. The Dark King

I hear you and I agree but I always keep in mind that black cops are just as likely to racially profile. They often think they're blue and not black.... until something happens.

11. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

^^^^excellent point, DK. The black cops can, often, be just as trifling as the white ones.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Because I'm bored....

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/01/cleveland-police-unarmed-black-pair-lawsuit

This one is more related

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/17/police.racism.lawsuit/

There are more incidents like the last link I posted, where black cops allege racism/discrimination within their departments

As a cop, they're expected to target minorities because you have politicians instituting stop and frisk policies

But once in a while they get reminded of who.they.are

:p

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  13. The Dark King

It would be funny if this shit weren't so damn true

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Just saying

Everyone needs a job but shit.....heavy handed treatment of the black community by cops should be ringing some bells

How many times have we seen stories like this or something similar

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...rookie-shot-pursuing-suspect-article-1.372647

It's not like the movies where an off duty cop turns around and says 'I'm a cop !'

Never get a chance to do that :p

15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

How do cops handle their hiring practices? Is it a referral system the way the building trades often is, or is it strictly civil service examination and academy results? In all my years in the public sector, I've never had a good handle on how they operate.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I've heard they can't score above a certain level on intelligence tests

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

:smt005

17. archangel

We all know this crap was true. If you think a smart person is going to take a job where they can be killed, then you are out of your mind. Sadly, I think they are right about the turn over.

18. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

So is everyone in the military dumb too? :smt017

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Exit stage left

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I wasn't aiming at intelligence levels per se, just wondering about the incestuous atmosphere that perpetuates all the groupthink, etc. It seems like everyone is connected and they all go all the way back to the "old neighborhood".