Black Men are Cheaters?

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by MilkandCoffee, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I recall reading the book In A Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson, he heard the story of a man who went into the water and never returned to the surface. I don't think it was a rip current or a shark. I read about the death of a model while swimming in a lake or river. She was attacked and killed by a crocodile I am not much of a beach person. I don't mind walking on the beach and watching the waves, but, I'd like a more secluded spot where there are not a lot of people around. I like lakes or ponds. But when I come to Australia, I will be watching out for the wildlife(and the women, too).

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

We are going to snorkel for an hour or two then swim back to the boat, sail off into the ocean so I can beat it up right. Then I will sip a 20 year scotch and watch the sun set while you sleep and recover. The next morning I am going to beat it up again, afterwards Ill brew you some gourmet coffee before I go snorkeling once more. Then you can take the boat to find us some breakfast from your favorite spot. :cool:

That's what's up. Really like your insight and sense of adventure! :smt023

3. JBunny

JBunny New Member

4. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

You had me at beat it up :smt060:smt049:smt049

5. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Thanks Beasty!

and I know that was directed at Tarshi, but DAMN :smt053

This made me literally laugh out loud - you are too much, Tarshi :smt058

6. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

I read a book recently about crocodile attacks in Australia. Some really, really scary shit. You DO NOT mess with crocodiles! Luckily it's pretty easy to know when the water is safe and when it's not, and you just don't enter the water in croc areas - I really don't understand why some people risk it.

My favourite type of swimming is fresh water holes/waterfalls. If anyone's ever travelling in Australia, come to me first - I know ALL the best spots :D

7. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I admit, I'm one of those who can't swim very well.

It's admirable to see that you would acknowledge that's the way it is. I was thinking that most people think that black men/women are more likely to cheat than anyone else, even though those people cheat also.

Have you experienced cheating/anything like that happening to you before?

8. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Only time I've ever been cheated on was my freshman year in hs. Dude was a player and had 10 different chicks wrapped around his little finger lol. I had no patience for it so I ended up ditching him and started dating (and eventually married and had 2 kids with) his best friend. :smt061 There were no hard feelings between the guys because me and the first one only dated for like a month...it was nothing serious.

Other then that, never been cheated on. Grew up seeing every white man I know continuously cheat on their SO though. Definitely not a "black", or color, thing. Some people just aren't made for monogamy.

9. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

i dont believe in cheating being a matter of skin color.
    it s a decision you make.

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I'll be looking you and Tarshi up when I get down under. That's for damned sure.:D I had once thought about doing a walkabout through Australia. After careful research, I came to the conclusion that it can't be done unless I have a water tank truck waiting for me every 10- or 15 miles. And I cannot go it alone without a guide. The best way is to rent a campervan(of course you have to make sure the vehicle in excellent condition) and to follow other vehicles for safety. People who are addicted to risk only want to live in that moment of getting close to nature. Well, it is said that one must never meet a wave head on. The reason being is that the wave is stronger than you. I do not get a charge out of cheating death. But, some do enjoy the challenge.

11. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

I just finished travelling around Australia for 18 months with a 4WD Troop Carrier and a camper trailer. BEST way to see the country!

If you're interested in the walkabout thing, here's a good book to read about a couple of guys who've done it.
    [​IMG]

There are a few people who have done similar things, but I like this one because he walked through the Tanami desert, which is where I used to live :)

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I will look for that book. I had also read Tracks by Robin Davidson. She trekked through Australia on a camel.

Were you alone or with others when you were on your trip?

13. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Is that the one they've made a movie of recently?

[​IMG]

Looks good, I'm keen to see it!

I travelled with one other friend, also a girl. We got a lot of comments along the way by bemused people - "You two girls are doing this on your own?!" lol.. fuck yeah, we did!

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I didn't know that a film was made about it. And the book was published in the mid-80's.

I wonder what folks there would say if they saw me...hmm.

15. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

That sounds so awesome Whik's.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  16. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Bingo, and even regardless of gender. Women do it,too.
    Often for different reasons,but cheating always hurts.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Everyone has a reason to cheat. I had posted a comment about this subject. Women cheat as much as men do. But sometimes their reasons are for the following as opposed to men.

1. Weak moments. She simply gave into her desire to be with this person.

2. Revenge/Grudges. She feels unappreciated by her current boyfriend and she has to teach him a lesson.

3. Curiosity. She wonders what it would be like to be with a different person.

When a man cheats, it is because of the following reason:

1.Sowing his wild oats. If he is not having sex with other women, he is not exercising his power to be a man. So he has to experience all the sexual pleasure that he can get. This action gives him validation as a man.

In the final analysis, it can be concluded that sexual intercourse(other than for procreation)is fun and healthy. But when it comes to pleasure, men and women can be quite selfish.

18. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

It was really awesome, GQ. I feel like I'm a better person for it. :)

19. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

He's just trying to scare the WW away.

It's no different than all the 'Brothas on the down low' talk coming from those "Nubian Queens"

20. JBunny

JBunny New Member

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with being black/white.

Just had a (black) guy on FB try to go out and I said, "Aren't you married?!" He's like "so..." I could say more married black men have approached me than married white men, but more black men approach me in general so that's not very telling.

I don't know why people get married, really.