Black Men are Cheaters?

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by MilkandCoffee, Apr 4, 2014.

1. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

So, funny story. I overhear this guy and two girls talking; this guy's trying to mack on these girls but they aren't feeling him at all and hit him with the ole "You're not our type".

He asks what their type is and they say "Tall, dark, and handsome, emphasis on dark". This guy gets all types of butthurt and goes on a rant about bm being dead beats and cheaters.

Now, I've heard these scare tactics from men and women to keep women from dating bm in the past, but I really want to address the cheating excuse.

What do you think of this stereotype? Will bm inevitably cheat on their partners?

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I am an compulsive cheater.

Possibly those women could of speaking of white men still like Italian or maybe ever middle easterners. Time after time I 've heard white women say they like em tall, dark, and handsome but they didn't find black men attractive.

3. MilkandCoffee

They were talking about black.

4. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

I just thought that black men couldn't swim. You learn something new every day

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

roflmao :smt043

6. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Cheating is a human thing not a black thing. IMO it's inevitable that many (most?) people will cheat, regardless of the color of their skin.

7. orejon4

Bingo.

8. FG

FG Well-Known Member

What in the dark skin genetics would contribute to cheating? Its like smelling the color nine.

9. orejon4

Your nose is that sensitive? Wow... :rolleyes:

10. MilkandCoffee

That's not a question I can answer, but I think that guy thinks bm will cheat on ww is because of the media (Tiger, Lamar, etc.).

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Lol. Just making a point of the obvious. Behavior such a cheating has nothing to do with skin color. There is no such tie.

Plenty of cheating wm in the media also.. Or women. Etc.

It's just a deflection mechanism by insecure people. Or racists. Or both.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I recall a time during my visits to the AOL interracial chat lines years ago, when a white man would enter and say a lot of shit about black men taking white women away from them. I chatted with him and he admitted that his wife left him for a black man and he was upset about it. I sympathized with him and explained that most black men are not home wreckers. I felt that he simply wanted someone to share his grief with. I had met a black guy who was an admitted adulterer. He simply couldn't help himself. Some men and women, regardless of race, will give into temptation. Actress Cameron Diaz said that people will get cheated on at some point in their relationship.

13. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

It smells like Marzipan and old spice :D

Serious though, I think anyone has the ability to cheat, I'd say it would be more to do with looks and opportunity, either or both.
    Oh and whether they are a bit of shitty person, no reason to cheat, not happy/searching for something more, move on....simples

Not a race related issue:D

14. EatYourBooks

EatYourBooks New Member

Black men are cheaters.

Men are cheaters.

People are cheaters.

Fixed.

15. suzieb

suzieb New Member

oh lord, I'm sorry to sound ''racist'' but this is true, a lot of white men just can't handle feeling insufficient at the side of black men and that can come out in jealous stereotypes and all kinds of pointless and misplaced aggression and name calling!
    Of course, that's not true in all cases, and I'm sure some black men are serial cheaters, but no more than white guys, or any other kind of guy.
    Black men just seem to have more confidence, and a lot of people can take that as arrogance and as an indication of being ''players'' or whatever.
    The black man I am with right now is fiercely loyal to me, and I trust him more in different ways than I have ever trusted a lot of the white guys I have been with!

16. suzieb

suzieb New Member

Completely and totally true

Some people are, and some people are not. Doesn't get any simpler than that!

17. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

We are all human beings, right?

I' m sometimes so tired of stereotypes and lies, ignorance, low intelligence, stupidity and malice..how in god's name can someone say or even believe this??:smt108

18. MilkandCoffee

Well that's the point of the question, no one here has answered yes to the statement so no one here actually believes it.

Also, this isn't a debate on people cheating as a whole. I'm more interested in whether or not people think bm are more willing to cheat in an ir relationship than other races of men?

19. orejon4

Bingo.

Thank you.

20. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

I've already answered your question. A person of a different skin colour is still a human being, not an alien we have to assume, what is he is going to do in a certain situation. To cheat is an act of weakness, or of your general character or the lack of responsibility.