Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Agreed.. Each to their own, but I do not get the phone thing. I come gym or run outside to get away from the damn phones ringing. I mean, I get you feel a need to prove you are so important you can't drop the phone even for a minute but they will wait..

You switch it up but I do some shorter cardio (40 mins) and I will be fucking pooling sweat, face red, hair drenched in agony like I feel the last 5 minutes are the worst of my lfe.. And afterwards , feel good! even if you only have 25 mins you can do that and bust some stress and maintain weight.

2. Stheno

Stheno New Member

every exercise i look online all about to burn a lot of calories :confused:

i just want to tone up a little i know i will lose some weight but i dont want that to be a lot ...
    i thought i start walking when i can but i don't want my legs to be thinner ...

so what is best ..walk slow or walk fast

3. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I was just about to ask what your diet is looking like.

4. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Are you looking to add muscle tone to your legs without burning calories? If so, you'd want to do more resistance training than cardio.

5. Stheno

Stheno New Member

i just see my legs thinner lately:???: but am always around the same weight

maybe add muscle a little but mostly tone up for now

6. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

If you want to tone up then you should do a bit of weight lifting. The weight lifting will burn calories and you can do less cardio. In this way, you should be able to maintain your weight and tone up your body too.

7. Stheno

Stheno New Member

burn calories not something i want .. :(

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I actually think u look good the way u r

but if u want to tone and build shapely muscle, I'd take his advice

weight lifting as a primary form if exercise has worked for me, so I cosign his statement

9. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I cosign the cosign. :)
    Nyx, weight training is what you are looking for as it sounds to me.

10. Stheno

Stheno New Member

am thin so does not look bad but i need tone up i am flubby a little lol just dont show because of the weight i am ..i am around 108 to 109 lb ..... 5"4 tall

i see if i can go to the gym as i dont think i will do a lot at home usually i do something for a day or two or i can manage a week then i give up for months
    well at the gym only have to make myself go ..while there i will bee mbarrassed and do something :p
    we have one close to home i did check that long ago but it is very very busy one and i dont want too many people:oops:
    but it is 24/7 open ..

11. Stheno

Stheno New Member

i guess thats what i need to do

12. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Body weight exercises chick. Start off nice and easy with your standard push ups, pull ups, squats and we'll progress from there.

08/29/11
    I worked out for 3 hours in the gym this past Saturday.

13. LA

LA Well-Known Member

What did you do in all that time?

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Either he wasn't moving fast enough, or he was doing too much :p

some people do cardio at gyms tho, which can add anywhere from 10 mins to 2 hours, depending on what they're training for

15. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Thats true.

1.5 hours is the most time I ever have. I don't talk shit, socialize, talk on the phone or anything. Just headphones in and work.

Need to eat really clean, got a little sloppy for some reason after being stressed a bit at work after time of sick and have put on about 2kgs (4 or so pounds) I'm only 5'3 and a bit so it shows. Plus more importantly I feel sluggish from shit I've been eating..

Need to vary my routine as well.. Too used to it not working hard enough.

16. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've always wondered about spending an excessive amount of time in the gym. Maybe they're doing something different. :)

I keep it concise and go hard, even if it is a 1-2 hour cardio burnout.

17. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Why don't you want to 'burn calories?' don't want to lose? Do the weights and cardio- you need it for health benefits too never mind appearance.

Concentrate on resistance, if you lose too much eat more healthy calories to balance it out. Add extra brown rice, wholewheat bread, tahini, eggs, etc.

18. Stheno

Stheno New Member

The problem is starting and keep doing the exersice
    :(

19. Stheno

Stheno New Member

well close at around 49.5 kilos so yes i will prefer not to lose a lot

20. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Yep fair enough, resistance and keep eating. Weights good for preventing osteoporosis and you still need to take care of heart etc with walking.