Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. FG

FG Well-Known Member

huh? The enemy of the plateau??

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lol u jackass

seriously tho..i don't really eat a lot due to work and everything else, so my weight flew like hell. I was like 'oh shit, i actually need to eat real meals now'

3. FG

FG Well-Known Member

haha, I AM a jackass. LOL. Rel meals IS the thing though and you know it. LOL. I really have to keep at that. HARD! Its hard to eat that much.

4. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Damn both of you :smt110

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

seriously i kept losing weight because i simply don't eat like that

6. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I've been keeping it real simple these days.

Pull-Ups to fail.
    Dips
    Dumbbell Presses
    Dumbbell Flyes
    Dumbbell Lat Raises

For Core:
    100 crunches
    50 bicycle crunch
    50 mason twists
    1min plank
    100 crunches
    50 bicycle crunch
    50 mason twists
    1min plank

Mondays and Wednesdays, I alternate sprint w/ jog for about 2 miles. Fridays, I do an endurance jog.

7. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

Off for a 2 mile barefoot run on the beach....sand is great for toning

8. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Wet or dry sand...??? Lol. Dry sand is so unforgiving.

9. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

It was wet sand...and great...then hit the gym and worked on the abs and upper body. May hit the gm again tonight with my girls....trying to stay outta trouble :)

10. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, I have to eat constantly to maintain my weight. I think it's mainly genetics. Of course how you train and eat is important too. Weight control is never a problem for me. If I want to gain weight, I increase my calories to 5000. If I want to lose weight, I just reduce the calories a bit, and increase my cardio, but never more than 15 minutes a day. I warm up using a recumbent bike and I can burn more than 300 calories in 15 minutes.

I believe in volume training and do more sets than most people. On leg days I will do 36 sets for legs, heavy sets with little rest in between sets. My other days include lots of sets as well. I'm fairly strong so everything I do is weight assisted or it's just too easy, that includes dips, chin ups, sit ups and push ups.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I have been lifting since february and lost 1 pound. is it common to lose weight while lifting

12. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Running about 30 miles a week on average.

Hitting the gym at least 3 times a week. Iso workouts on those days and doing low reps, more weight.

The typical for now, but will switch up when I start taking a weight gainer in the next month or two.

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

45 minutes on the treadmill for today. Aiming for 200 pushups and crunches later

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

depends on how you lift

need more info

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

dont do much due to schedule. I lift 2 to 3 times a week.
    1) bench press
    2) arm curl with ez bar
    3) cable rows
    4) lat pull down
    5) super squats (just started that. in the beginning was leg curls and extensions to regular squats)
    6) military press (before that side and front dumbell lifts for shoulders)
    7) shoulder shrugs
    8) cable push downs

about 45 minutes to an hour of a work out. depends on the crowd
    about every 2 months I change the exercises and I increase the amount of weights every 3 weeks or when it gets too easy.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's normal to lose weight working out like that, of course. If you don't replace what you lose, that's what happens. If you're super or tri-setting exercises, you'll probably end up losing even more weight, since you're making your body work harder before taking breaks. Bottom line is as long as your body is torching ATP when lifting, you're going to run into weight issues.

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I see. I need to add more to my diet.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

when i was weighing 225+, i was lifting aggressively, but I was also drinking more protein shakes and eating. I also did not do cardio. I was getting big tho..I definitely noticed more pumps coming out of my shirt, with guys asking me how much iron I was slinging and looking for workout tips.

Since then, I got down to 209 or whatever, but that's because of the cardio, mat time + weight lifting, and not really eating more. That was good for me tho, because I definitely would prefer rolling around and doing mma at light heavyweight (205), than heavyweight, where there is a huge margin between qualifying weight. Rolling around at 220 with a guy over 300 highlighted that lol.

19. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

How hard you're working is more important than how long you're working. Your cardio work should be all about intensity. You often see people in the gym chatting and talking on mobile phones while on cardio equipment and you know that they aren't burning many calories.

It's better to do 30 minutes at a higher intensity than walk slowly for 45 minutes, you'll burn more calories too, and continue to burn them even after your workout. I'm not saying that you have to run for the entire time either. You can use a combination of fast walking and incline to achieve more intensity. I'd say that if you aren't burning at a minimum, 500-600 calories in those 45 minutes, you need to review the intensity of your routine.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

that seems to be the consensus. i know i burned more during 9 or 12 minutes of rolling with guys my size, than many people would do with a 45 min walk lol.