Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

yeah thats me, working on toning up and leaning out now though

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

dont say that :rolleyes:

i love working out

it alleviates some daily pressures and helps get me focused

3. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. It's also good for your health. The "looks" are just a bonus. I work out because I enjoy it.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i also like the functional component of working out for sport. like you said the looks are a plus, but you also get used to movements associated with lifting and the toughness displayed to keep going hard and take that to any sport you play.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:p

damn dude I thought u were an athlete and shit

guess u just like lookin good for them biddies

6. lottie

lottie New Member

The rush with exercise is addictive though. I learnt the hard way that rest is also important also.

Starting back now after injury and determined not to let myself become addicted again!

7. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Went for my run this morning and my back is killing me. I think I ran my first km to fast and did not let myself warm up and get into the groove.

Ouch :( I need a hot bath with salts

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You gotta stretch at least for 10 minutes. It's totally worth it

9. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Oh I did stretch. Just did something wonky. :(

I think a swim will help to stretch it out.

10. The Dark King

Really? I love stretching. Whenever I don't have the times I get insured. I just feel looser and more flexible.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

last time i checked, you were supposed to stretch after warming up the muscles. stretching is also an important part of sports that involve serious flexibility. you increase and maintain limberness with it (can you do a split:p) the injuries probably occur as people over-stretch. instead of ceasing the motion after feeling resistance, some people try to go as far as they can.

reminds me of when my bjj coach said to tap when you start to feel pressure, not pain. if you tap when you feel pain (in this case, stretch until you feel some), you run the risk of injury. if you tap to a submission when you feel pressure, you'll prevent them from occurring.

12. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Ha! yes, I can do the splits! All of them. Yoga keeps a body limber

13. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

This made me smile. Funny typo. If I ever get turned down for an insurance policy ...........gonna go home and stretch. ;)

14. JordanC

I thought you had said you were a personal trainer?

15. JordanC

I just find it interesting that you could motivate others to do what you cannot for yourself.

My trainer is psycho motivated. :p There have been many times where I would say I can't or I don't and he would get my mindset to work different.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

what he's trying to tell you, my small blond friend, is that trainers appear motivated, the same way a newscaster looks like he just got his cock sucked by Giselle, while reporting about spilled milk on the floor of city hall.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

same thing I do:smt003

as for stretching tho, i remember reading that it actually used up stored energy in the muscles. the article said to avoid that before lifting, and just warm up.

18. The Dark King

Anytime one can make a beautiful woman smile is time well spent my lady :)

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

8/13/11

[​IMG]

I finally managed to hop on the dreadful scale after 7 months... 207lbs. Muscles flat, chubby middle. Not tooo bad.

20. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Ummmm.....yum