Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I found this movie on HBO Max just in case anyone was interested. I look forward to watching it this weekend.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL, yo @Jeffrey Tripp what was more insulting? This new "Christmas Plus One" film or that 2018 Freeform/ABC Family Christmas film "No Sleep 'Til Christmas" starring Odette Annable, Charles Michael Davis, & Odette's real life Husband?:

The 'ship between the female lead character & her black Husband in "Christmas on Repeat" are big part of the main plot, so I find that hard to believe

3. Young Herschel

I am finally watching "Morris from America" now and I just got to the bedroom scene with the boombox . . . A24 is my friend ;)

4. ColiBreh1

I'm almost finished with "This is Christmas". For the folks who have seen it, is it fair to say the female co-lead is a PAWG? She definitely seems thicker than the typical Hollywood actress. Looks likes the actress, Kaya Scodelario, is the same chick that's the female co-lead in "The Maze Runner" films. The male co-lead, Alfred Enoch, is probably familiar to this subforum becuz he played the brotha involved in a IR on the Sandra Rhymes-produced ABC legal drama series "How to Get Away with Murder" that ended up being killed off.

Anyways if you haven't seen it, I do recommended this film just off the fact that this film has higher production values than the typical low budget Lifetime/Hallmark/Tubi Christmas films & looks like a theatrical or streaming subscription service original film.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

At least Charles Davis got some physical affection so Christmas Plus One is more insulting. As far as Christmas on Repeat maybe It's an oversight but I don't remember seeing a kiss.

6. Jeffrey Tripp

I thin Kaya is very attractive and
    the kiss between them at the end of the movie is very sensual.

7. ColiBreh1

NVM.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It worked for the plot of the movie. Also it isn't THAT advanced.

9. Jeffrey Tripp

They basically did a time jump it's not the end of the world.

10. ColiBreh1

LMAO! I just rewatched the last 10 minutes of the movie & I totally missed that they did a 1-year time jump the first time.

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Smells like Hallmark...or is it Lifetime?

12. BabyFatman

BabyFatman Member

So you could say this movie counts. Based on a "real story", I'm not sure what the love interest of Archie Madekwe is, I think might be Emelia Hartford or Maeve Courtier-Lilley. That being said, according to the cast, his mother is being played by Geri Halliwell and his father is being played by Djimon Hounsou so there's that.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Of all the video games that could and have been turned into movies, this is not one I would have expected.

14. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I suppose they are trying to copy Fast and Furious Franchise.

More surprised it took them this long. For Gran Turismo or Forza.

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope to see it on YouTube.

16. ColiBreh1

Seeing as you always put us onto obscure direct-to-digital indie films, I'm surprised you hadn't already seen/heard of "Morris from America" seeing as it was a notable theatrical indie film in 2016 that had great critic reception & was shown at a ton of film festivals before it's theatrical release.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. kalel32688

kalel32688 Member

I watched a video showcasing Cuba Gooding, Jr.'s filmography, and one of his films was Shadowboxer (2005).

I looked more into the movie, and Cuba plays a hitman who works with his White stepmother, played by Helen Mirren. They're also lovers. Gross.

18. Young Herschel

Has anyone ever seen "Supremacy"?!? It is a dramatic criminal thriller with an interracial subplot which I predicted early on featuring Derek Luke's character and his wife portrayed by Julie Benz (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Brothers, Defiance). It is on the FreeVee streaming app which is Amazon's answer to TUBI it seems . . . but bigger & better movies!?!

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'll be tuning in this weekend. I love Julie Benz. She was great in Defiance and Dexter.

I thought the movie was okay. A little lowbrow for Helen Mirren, but a tolerable outing overall.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

THE BOYFRIEND TRAP Trailer (2023) Ansley Gordon, Garrett Watson Romantic Movie

Looks corny imo. lol.

Here's the trailer to Supremacy. Derek Luke is in the trailer briefly but not Julie.