Celebrity R.I.P.s

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Jan 28, 2017.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

It is really sobering watching the passing of so many famous faces from your past. Really brings home one's own mortality.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ivana Trump, 73.. fell down her stairs in her NYC townhouse and died from.internal injuries from the fall. R.I.P.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20220719-125213_Yahoo Mail.jpg

The writer, actor and comedian was found on a Los Angeles Calif. embankment Thursday suffering from a gunshot wound.
    The 28-year-old's cause of death has been ruled a suicide by the coroner.

Knight toured worldwide as a standup comedian, opening for the likes of Dave Chappelle, Aziz Ansari, Joel McHale and Eric Andre. He was named a Comedy Central Comic to Watch in 2014 and he appeared on the Netflix standup series The Comedy Lineup in 2018..

More...
    https://people.com/tv/jak-knight-ca...utm_content=071922&cid=810120&mid=92517766619

:(
    R.I.P. only 28 yrs old. Too painful to think about why he did it... comedians are often vulnerable, and not sure why that is..

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• List
  8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  9. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

• List
  10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Update

‘Leave It to Beaver’ star Tony Dow reportedly not dead and under hospice care, despite earlier statement from reps

(NEXSTAR) – Tony Dow, who starred as Wally Cleaver on “Leave It to Beaver,” was reportedly alive and under hospice care when his management team released a statement on his death Tuesday morning, according to his wife Lauren Dow and son Christopher Dow.

The statement, attributed to managers and friends Frank Bilotta and Renee James, has since been removed from Dow’s official Facebook page.

• List
  12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

RIP

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Loved him in the Jericho Mile!

Here's a bit more info on his extensive and varied career..

He spoke about how he initially did not want to interrupt his film career by doing the series in a 2019 interview with Jim Conlan.

Mosley said his agent told him, 'It’s starring this guy Tom Selleck. Tom Selleck has made about five pilot shows … and none of them have sold. So here’s what you do, Roger: Sign up for the show, go over to Hawaii, they’ll treat you good for the 20 days it will take to shoot the [pilot], you’ll get a lot of money, and then you come home. A show with Tom Selleck always fails, and you’ll be fine.'

Mosley added, 'Well, eight-and-a-half years later ...'

He said that his character was initially written to be running a struggling business, but he vetoed that as he didn't want to 'be the only Black person in Hawaii and be broke.'

He said the writers 'reversed,' as 'they decided Tom would be broke, and I would be financially well off - except I was always bailing him out.'

Mosley appeared on two episodes of the reboot of the series playing a character named John Booky.

In addition to his work on Magnum, P.I., the actor also appeared on TV shows including Fact Checkers Unit, Las Vegas, Rude Awakening, Walker, Texas Ranger, Hangin' With Mr. Cooper, Night Court, You Take the Kids, The Love Boat, Starsky and Hutch, Baretta, Sanford and Son, Kung Fu and Kojak.

R.I.P.

(BTW, it was reported that he died from injuries suffered in a car accident he was in 3 days prior)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20220808-025842_Chrome.jpg

Long life, R.I.P.

• List
  18. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Olivia Newton-John (Sep 26,1948- Aug 8, 2022)

Olivia Newton-John, who soared to international stardom as both a singer and movie star has died.

Olivia's husband, John Easterling, says she died peacefully at her ranch in Southern California Monday morning, surrounded by family and friends. Olivia has battled breast cancer for more than 30 years, and a specific cause of death was not given, although a source close to Olivia told TMZ, "After a 30-year cancer journey, she lost her battle to metastatic breast cancer."

Olivia hit it big in 1971 with songs like "If Not for You," and in 1973 "Let Me Be There." She followed that up with a monster hit, "Have You Never Been Mellow."

Her huge break came in 1978 when she starred opposite John Travolta in "Grease." Her role as Sandy was iconic, as were several songs from the movie, "You're the One that I Want," "Summer Nights," and "Hopelessly Devoted to You."

The movie propelled Olivia to new heights, and she followed it up with movies like "Xanadu."

Olivia's biggest hit was "Physical" in 1981, which stayed at #1 for 10 weeks, breaking all records in the '80s. She remained an environmental and animal rights activist throughout her career.

Olivia was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992, but it went into remission and it came back in 2013. It went back into remission but surfaced again in 2017.

Olivia, who was British but raised in Australia, married Matt Lattanzi back in 1984 ... they met while filming "Xanadu." They had a child, Chloe Rose in 1986. They divorced in 1995.

She married John Easterling in 2008. He's the founder of Amazon Herb Co. Olivia was 73.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

:(
    My childhood crush. Her pictures were on my wall. God speed, Olivia.

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I remember him in Gordon Parks' Leadbelly. Good singer too.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List