Celebrity R.I.P.s

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

She would be sorely missed. My faves are Totally Hot,Recovery, Landslide, Soul Kiss,as well as Physical, Please Mister Please, and Summer Nights.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  3. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Actress Anne Heche has now died. 53 years old. Her organs are being donated.

[​IMG]

She was drunk and crashed into a house and was set on fire. Thankfully no one else was hurt, she endangered many lives.
    Whole story is a mess.
    Her whole life was...
    Just know, she was driven to mental anguish..

"Her father raped her as a kid and then died of AIDS triggering her brother to commit suicide by driving into tree - before her sister died of cancer... and her mother says she's going to hell for being a lesbian"
    https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/12/anne-heche-dead-dies-car-crash/

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    • List
  5. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Correction: No alcohol was found in her system after blood tests were taken.
    Cocaine and Fentanyl were both present.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  7. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

The alcohol rumor was because some internet sleuths decided that whatever was in her cup holder was a bottle of vodka. People need to just wait and stop thinking they know more.

They did say they're doing more tests (though I don't know if those have been canceled since her death) to determine if the fentanyl was from what the hospital gave her or if it was in her system before.

I cannot stand reading stories of people driving under the influence. There is literally NO EXCUSE for that shit. There is Uber, Lyft, and cabs. It pisses me off so much when people drive under the influence and kill innocent people.

The ONLY positive of this story is she didn't take anyone else with her.

I feel badly for her children. They didn't deserve a mother who couldn't find it in her to conquer her demons for them. I read her oldest son's message on Friday and it was quite a nice, mature message. No matter what happened, she seemed to have raised good kids. I hope they stay that way.

RIP to Anne Heche. I first saw her on Another World and I've been a fan ever since. It's an absolute shame she couldn't get better and her life tragically ended this way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

This is such an incredibly sad situation. Such a beautiful actress that ultimately went in such a horrific way.

Likewise, It infuriates me hearing of people driving under the influence it’s beyond selfish and wreckless and as you say there’s never an excuse for such poor behaviour. I’ve personally seen the aftermath of such careless behaviour and it’s a sight that’s stuck with me for over 20 years.

This is a hard one to wrap your head around, I read that she was actually really close to home, but this just goes to show it doesn’t matter how well you ‘think’ you can conduct yourself to make it home under the influence.

Hopefully this tragedy will make others re-think the risk of driving under the influence even if it’s just a couple of blocks away. :-(

Unfortunately sexual childhood trauma is one of the hardest to keep in the past and try to move on from, there’s triggers all around and the demons constantly haunt you. That’s also what infuriates me, women/mothers need to do better.

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Update on Teddy Ray, apparently he might have drowned in a swimming pool. sad

• List
  10. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

God that’s so so sad :(

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• List
  13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20220830-124319_Chrome.jpg

Charlbi Dean -- famous among DC fans, indie film buffs and fashionistas -- has died.

A rep for the South African actress/model tells TMZ Dean passed away Monday from an unexpected sudden illness. We don't yet know what illness Dean was fighting, but a source tells us she died in a hospital in NYC.

Dean recently landed her biggest role in
    "Triangle of Sadness."

It hasn't hit theaters just yet, but it did impress at this year's Cannes Film Festival ... where it took top honors with the Palme d'Or award.

It's about a wrecked cruise ship and its passengers getting washed ashore. Charlbi is the lead, starring opposite, Woody Harrelson ...

She is also known for her work on the CW show "Black Lightning," where she played Syonide ... an assassin/hitman-type of anti-hero who's got bulletproof skin and top-notch combat skills. Other films she's worked on include "Blood in the Water," "Don't Sleep," "An Interview with God," and "Porthole."

She's also walked runways and graced magazine covers too ... CD has modeled all over the world.

Screenshot_20220830-125248_Chrome.jpg

R.I.P.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• List
  15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• List
  16. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

• List
  17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

90's R&B Artist Jesse Powell.
    He was 51.

'Singer/Songwriter Jesse Powell passed away at his Los Angeles home, his sister Tamara Powell shared the news on social media on Sept. 13. The R&B artist, well-known for his late ’90s track “You"

The official cause of death has not been disclosed, but family members said on social media that his death was “sudden."

““It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of our beloved son, brother, and uncle Jesse Powell,” Tamara wrote in an Instagram note on behalf of Jesse’s loved ones.

“The family asks for privacy at this time as we mourn this tremendous loss and celebrate his everlasting legacy.
    Jesse loved music and he especially loved his fans who supported him throughout his career.
    We want you all to know that you meant the world to him.”

R.I.P

• List
  18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Man I still love that song. Sorry to hear he's passed on.

19. Soulthinker

Gone too soon.

20. Soulthinker

Maury Wills,shortstop for the LA Dodgers. I read his book of him in IR,dated Doris Day,Edie Adams,etc.

• List