Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Henry Dubrios

Henry Dubrios New Member

Doubtful, age difference is a factor and Denzel would have issue with that. In his films all his love interests are usually in the sensible range. He's not Woody Allen after all.:D

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Please no. I'm down with wwbm and all, but please no. Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Is your issue the age gap?

4. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

Why the hell not

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

My issue is definitely the almost 40 year age gap. I don't see any way to organically work that into an Equalizer movie, especially with the way Denzel has played the character for 2 movies already. That kind of guy doesn't hook up with women young enough to be his granddaughter lol

Edit: In fact he might as well have gotten with Chloe Grace from the first movie if they're going that route lol. I don't think you can have that big an age gap without either playing it for laughs or otherwise having the movie become all about that issue.

If we're giving Denzel a lady, I wouldn't mind finally seeing him with Julia Roberts. Only a 13 year age gap there lol

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  6. Henry Dubrios

Henry Dubrios New Member

Exactly. They had great chemistry in The Pelican Brief.

7. Henry Dubrios

Henry Dubrios New Member

True , 13 years age difference is more palaple then a 37 year age difference.

8. skyrock123

skyrock123 New Member

any recommended BM/WW movie ?

9. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

10. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

does it count, does it not count, I'll let y'all decide

11. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I have never looked at The Rock as a brotha. He always seemed to define himself more as a Samoan.

12. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Dwayne has ALWAYS proudly embraced his afro-ancestry from his glory days as a Big 33 All-Star Classic football defensive lineman out of Bethlehelm, PA as a teen . . . to his years at the U where he played in their defensive line rotation for the 'Canes!! He later joined the WWE as his father Rocky Johnson had decades prior (my childhood hero) under the direction of the militant pseudo black panther org "The Nation" remember?!? This affiliation launched his pro wrestling superstar career!!!

13. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

I´d recommend United Kingdom, a film real life based, a white woman and a black man against the world for their love is something beautiful.

14. skyrock123

skyrock123 New Member

I had watched this already, i meant any new movie in 2022, or any tv movie?

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I agree with this half-way(no pun intended) the only reason we don't see him in bm/ww movie TV threads is because for the last few years he has played racially ambiguous characters. I think in one of his movies both of his parents were white.

But during his wrestling days he most def emraced being a brotha. lol.

16. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

In one movie he had a whole White daughter lol

17. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

WTF??!!! Why am I just heading about this film now? I assume nobody previously posted about it in this thread or in the "upcoming IR slate" thread.

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah I think I know which movie you're talking about.

19. Young Herschel

Alexandra Daddario yes . . . welp what's he gottk do? Lift every voice, fight every battle lol. All his other movies Dwayne had black quad kids like "Skyscraper" where he fathered a mixed son & daughter deep inside the perpetually white "Party of Five" & "Scream" girl ~ Neve Campbell

20. Young Herschel

Watch "X" by A24 and not the other two of the same title!! "Flesh is Heir to" is new and on Prime Video at no added charge.