Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I watched this one with my girlfriend and we both enjoyed it. A sweet, understated look at love, life and letting go, from an IR perspective.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

X was surprisingly a really good movie. The characters for who they were are played to the tee! Especially Kid Cudi and Brittany Snow. Whom nailed their roles. Just wish it had a better title. lol.

3. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

CoSign 100% and the Academy Award for best director goes to . . . Ti West!!! Mia Goth should be a strong candidate for best leading actress given her convincing performance in "X". I am going to further support this much needed IR Horror film by purchasing the UHD 4K disc this month or next. We deserve elevated, nuanced IR fims like this financed without limitations or restrictions!! We must inve$t though rather than you know bootleg or jailbreak lol ;) One good thing about the title "X" @darkcurry . . . you got two other movies on the APK search for the A24 production so it was nearly impossible to steal it until this month lol!!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the movie too, but we both know the Academy will never give those big awards to an indie horror flick like this.

Also the ir was clearly good, but it could've been even better. They didn't show the third ir scene on camera (tbf it may have been a bit much if they had lol). And...
    I always prefer wwbm happy endings. :) This wasn't that lol

5. Young Herschel

Not so fast @qaz1 . . . this movie has the right credentials via A24 plus the critical acclaim from the most respected movie authorities. It would have its own lane against the commonplace competition once the Oscar voters take it home. We will have to see I say but don't count "X" out or sell it short.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. Young Herschel

I just found out in my attempt to purcha$e "X" on 4k Blu-ray UHD disc that it isn't avaiable until 5/24/2022 *sigh* but they did shoot the third IR scene with Jenna Ortega and reserved it as an extended scene exclusively for the 4k Blu-ray UHD disc. Smart money by Ti West & A24 right!?! I'm adding it to my 4k library next month because a movie shot so superbly doesn't come along for IR horror fans very often!

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Well like you say, we'll have to wait and see. I'd like to see it, but it's a definite long shot. It would be a happy surprise

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Can you link to your source on that lol?

9. darkcurry

For what it is(a horror movie) it was pretty good. It's not a romance, @qaz1 lol.

10. darkcurry

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Young Herschel

Cannot do it now (having dinner) but its on Collider.com as my google search to buy "X" led me there.

12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Oh you got that right LOL

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I tried searching Collider. All I found was mention of more footage for the Farmer's Daughter movie overall. Oh well. We'll see when it comes out I guess

14. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

[​IMG] *fingers crossed * Daisy Ridley part of the cast[​IMG]

15. Young Herschel

If you were Ti West and you have already thought this production all the way through . . . and then some via the prequel to "X" being in post production already ("Pearl"). Wouldn't you have the director's cut and extended scenes pre-planned too? The most marketable extended scene from "The Farmer's Daughter" would have to be the truncated Jenna Ortega sex scene . . . what other option is there really? Just projecting the profitability of the IR teaser show ever so briefly of Kid Cudi & Jenna Ortega in "X"

16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I didn't really think about it that much. I guess I just assumed it's more of the "set up" action, like the piece they shot at the gas station or the intro to each daughter. Time will tell all, right lol?

17. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

I've admired Emma Thompson's work for a while, and like Helen Mirren, she can get it. [​IMG]
    Good Luck To You...will be available on Hulu the same day as release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

We're not expecting her to hook up with Denzel are we LOL???

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

From what you said l would not watch it because it's like in the past.

20. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

You never know lol