The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I hear what you’re saying but I don’t think Netflix believed in the show from day one. The Boys doesn’t look all that good visually speaking but Amazon marketed the crap out of it. I think if Netflix put the same muscle into Jupiter’s Legacy it might have had more viewers.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Promotion may have gotten it more viewers but it still wouldn't have helped the poor execution & production. End result would have been the same, just with more eyes viewing it. Put that money into the show production considering they bought a shit ton of other Millarworld properties to promote as Netflix Original content. Otherwise what was the point in buying the property at all?

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

The point is to bring in new subscribers. That's all they care about. That's the reason so many good shows get cancelled too early: they're popular with current subscribers but don't bring in new ones.

I assume their aim is to deploy minimum cash to hopefully get those new people in. The rest is whatever. Just my guess.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Shitty business mode if that's the actual reason. They should care about both getting new subscribers as well as keeping the ones they already have. Instead of "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems" this is a clear case of "Mo' Money, Mo' Stupid".

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

One thing I've learned from working around rich people and politics ====> Having a position of money and power doesn't mean you're not an idiot.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Like I said, promotion wasn't Jupiter's Legacy's problem :

Jupiter's Legacy Debuted as the Biggest Show Across All Streaming Platforms

[​IMG]

Jupiter's Legacy may not be getting a second season, but it does appear that the program amassed a notable amount of viewership for Netflix.

According to Niesel viewership figures, Jupiter's Legacy scored 696 million minutes of viewing time during the week of May 3-9. That put Jupiter's Legacy ahead of all other streaming TV shows tracked by Nielson for that period of time. That's an especially impressive achievement given that Jupiter's Legacy was only available for three of those days.

Streaming programs that Jupiter's Legacy exceeded in terms of viewing time during this period included Hulu's The Handmaid's Tale (690 million) and Disney+'s Star Wars: The Bad Batch (251 million). Compared to other recent Netflix originals, Jupiter's Legacy was below the first Nielsen viewership figures for Shadow and Bone, which scored 721 million minutes of watch time.

Though Jupiter's Legacy was recently canceled, there are official plans in place to carry on its universe. Netflix has announced a spinoff called Supercrooks, which will shift the spotlight over to villainous characters. There is also a simultaneous anime adaptation of Supercrooks on the docket.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Here's a bit of an explanation. It's along the lines of what I posted yesterday.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah...I don't fuck with Grace Randolph or anything she's about so ain't watching that for the how & why.

I pretty much understood the gist of what you were saying yesterday though.

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

What’s up with Grace Randolph? What did she do?

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I don't fuck with 99.9% of people that post on Youtube or any other internet platforms. With her she just gives me too much of a white fanboy with tits vibe. Or at least she did the few times I checked her out years ago.

11. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

She does some hot takes and rumor mill stuff that annoy people.
    But honestly to me she is fairly standard Liberal New Yorker.
    Not sure how you got a white fanboy with tits vibe...she is pretty pro diversity whereas a white fanboy spends his days screeching about SJWs and bitching about everyone who isn't a straight white male in a movie or show. "GO WOKE GO BROKE"
    That is not what Grace does at all lol. She is pretty pro diversity of all sorts in movies and tv.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Good for her. She's not my cup of tea. Like I said checked her out a few time years ago & just didn’t like her vibe. I trust my own gut/instincts over random people with Internet platforms giving out their opinions.

13. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I was fine with the production value and special effects of "Jupiter's Legacy". Dolby Atmos & Dolby Vision were superb as expected for a Netflix original with such hype and promotion months in advance. I was dismayed by the disjointed plot and writing so much so that I quit mid-season. All the $$$$ in the world cannot compensate for a subpar storyline!!

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Boys: Amazon Studios Unveils the First Look at Jensen Ackles' Soldier Boy

[​IMG]

Amazon Studios released a full costume reveal for Jensen Ackles' The Boys Season 3 character, Soldier Boy.

The image offers a first look at Ackles as Soldier Boy, who will make his debut in The Boys Season 3. "Our goal was to highlight a bygone era of overt masculinity and grit. With that pedigree we dove headfirst into baking in an all-American quality grounded in a military soldier’s practicality with a heavy dose of old school cowboy swagger,” costume designer Laura Jean Shannon told Variety. "We knew that the actor had to have Steve McQueen looks and chops with a John Wayne attitude -- luckily Jensen Ackles embodies all of that."

The military green costume was designed by Shannon and her team, who have designed costumes for The Boys as well as Superman & Lois, Stargirl, Black Lightning and Doom Patrol, along with concept artist Greg Hopwood.

Ackles' teased his full character reveal yesterday on Instagram, along with a picture of Soldier Boys' shield. "Every dent, every scratch, every mark tells a story. A story that ends with me, winning," Ackles said in the caption. Recently, the actor shared his workout routine for his upcoming superhero role, saying, "These superhero workouts are much different. It was so much easier when all I had to do was wear flannel."

It was announced Aug. 2020 that the Supernatural alum would play Soldier Boy in The Boys Season 3, the first superhero manufactured by Vaught Industries in World War II, described as "the original Superhero" and "a mainstay of American culture for decades." The reveal of Ackles as Soldier Boy was also teased in a "memorial" post for the hero by Vought Industries, which featured new artwork from The Boys comic co-creator, Darick Robertson.

Actor Laz Alonso, who plays Mother's Milk on the series, has stated that as every season gets "darker and darker," the addition of Soldier Boy into the main cast "allowed [showrunner Eric Kripke] to not only bring in a character historically who's pretty dark, but it also makes all of the other ensemble Supes darker as well." Kripke himself has teased that the season premiere will be literally "mind-blowing," with the official Twitter account for The Boys saying the "editing room is fully covered in gore already and they're only working on episode 1."

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Not feeling his costume. I hope this is just a roughdraft of it. When I heard about this character I automatically saw fatigues. lol.

What you think about his costume, @Ra?

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

2 new clips from Loki are out.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I'm neutral on it. It's not like the character himself is an actual iconic character & this being a more grounded universe it fits for what they are doing.

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's fair. I was just expecting it to be a little more out there like a darker version of Homelander's suit since he is considered the first supe and all.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Considering he's the Boys' take on Captain America, it's a pretty good design on a dark military style costume. I don't see them going with a colorful patriotic take especially if they initially try to hide a certain trait of the character from the comic at the start.

20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Shadow and Bone Renewed

Netflix isn’t done with the Grishaverse just yet. Shadow and Bone has been officially renewed for Season 2.

Per Netflix’s self-reported numbers, more than 55 million member households sampled the epic fantasy series in its first 28 days. What’s more, Shadow and Bone made the streamer’s Top 10 list in 93 countries around the world and hit No. 1 in 79 countries (including the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Germany, Russia, Spain, and South Africa).

“I’m honored and thrilled to return to the Grishaverse,” showrunner Eric Heisserer said in a statement, “and continue the stories of these endearing characters, particularly Milo.”

[​IMG]

https://bit.ly/2TGo7t2