The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Naomi is a member of the most recent incarnation of the Justice League. Her creator is Brian Michael Bendis, who also co-created Miles Morales for Marvel Comics.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Didn't they also give her the last name of McDuffie as a nod of respect to Dwayne McDuffie for all his comic & animation contributions?

3. SilverSmith

Yes, her surname is McDuffie, an homage to the late comic creator/writer Dwayne McDuffie.

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

You have any idea if The 4400 is sticking with the prominent WWBM relationship? I had no idea this reboot existed til I saw your post.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yep.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Nope. They're going with a bw/wm IR arch. There are 3 black males a part of the main cast and a transgender black man. The straight black males are a pastor that dissapeared and leads the 4400. But from what I read about his character he is supposed to have villainish ways because of his privileged background he had during and wait for it... the 90's. lol. The 2nd black male is a mute from the 1930s named Hayden that was in a "institution". And the last one's name is Jharrel and that is all they are saying for the time being. He's being played by Joseph David-Jones who played John Diggle, jr in Green Arrow and Green Arrow and The Canaries.
    [​IMG]

They don't have much storylines for the other two black males(Hayden and Jharrel) so it could mean they're not doing much with them.

The main cast are black women with the only white female a part of the main cast being a character named Mildred, a teen that dissapeared from the 1970s. So from the looks of the females of the main cast they are predominantly black women so it doesn't seem like you'll be seeing a IR(bm/ww) couple in the "reboot".

This is the synopsis(in case your interested):

I couldn't see them doing that anyway. Richard & Lily were one of the best IR couples on TV. But the original The 4400 was groundbreaking and very interesting in it's first two seasons. This reboot sounds uncreative, lackadaisical and have a repetitive narrative imo.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the informative post. I agree with you about Richard and Lily in the original series. Too bad they couldn't last.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Code 8 Sequel In Development with Stephen and Robbie Amell Returning

[​IMG]

Stephen Amell and Robbie Amell are both signed on to return for Code 8: Part II, the sequel to their crowd-funded superhero sci-fi film Code 8 from 2019. Code 8 director Jeff Chan is also returning to direct Code 8: Part II, and will once again co-write the script with Chris Pare; writers Sherren Lee and Lesse La Vercombe have reportedly been brought on board to help with the screenplay for the sequel, which will once again be released by XYZ Films. In a statement, Stephen Amell says that “Code 8 is an incredibly personal and special project for all of us. We built the world in the first one and now we’re ready to blow it out!”

Robbie Amell added his own statement, saying: “There’s nothing better than working with family and friends. Code 8 was the embodiment of that. I can’t wait to get back to work on the sequel.”

According to Deadline, Code 8: Part II will follow "the journey of a teenage girl fighting to get justice for her slain brother at the hands of corrupt police officers. After becoming a witness to the cover-up, she becomes a target and enlists the help of an ex-con (Robbie Amell) and his former partner-in-crime (Stephen Amell). Together, they face a highly regarded and well-protected police sergeant who will use every tool to prevent himself from being exposed."

Code 8 holds the title of being the second biggest crowdfunded original film of all time, having raised $3.4 million through Indiegogo in 2016, after cousins Robbie and Stephen Amell released a short film of the concept. XYZ films acquired Code 8 in 2017, and it was released on New Year's Eve 2019. While it had moderate success upon initial release, Code 8 hit a whole new level of visibility when it premiered on Netflix in April of 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic had just put much of the world on lockdown, and in the US, audiences looking to binge any and everything flocked to an original film release like Code 8, making it Netflix's #1 movie for a time.

The hype around Code 8 couldn't have been better (but ultimately worse) in timing: ironically, the same pandemic conditions that made the original film a breakout hit also stalled the universe-expanding Code 8 TV series that was set to premiere on the Quibi streaming service. When COVID-19 lockdowns killed Quibi, the Code 8 series fell into development limbo. This sequel film sounds like a revision of the franchise's plans.

If you didn't see it, Code 8 explores "a world where people with "special" abilities are living in poverty, Conner Reed (Robbie Amell) is a powerful young man who is struggling to pay for his ailing mother's medical treatment. To earn money, he joins a lucrative criminal world led by Garrett (Stephen Amell), who works for a drug lord."

Code 8: Part II has no release date.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Jupiter’s Legacy Series Canceled as Netflix Reworks the Franchise

[​IMG]

Netflix won't be moving forward with a second season of Jupiter's Legacy, which premiered last month.

Deadline is reporting that Netflix has decided to pass on making Season 2 of Jupiter's Legacy, based on the Mark Millar and Frank Quietly comic book of the same name. They have released the cast from their commitments as a result. According to Deadline's sources, Netflix may bring back the property in a different form, but for now, Millar and the streamer had creative differences that couldn't be resolved in time to secure the cast, including big names like Josh Duhamel and Leslie Bibb, for another batch of episodes. "We’re confident we’ll return to it later," Millar said.

In the meantime, Netflix is working on a live-action adaptation of Millar and Leinil Yu's Supercrooks, which exists in the same universe as the Jupiter's Legacy comics. The streamer is also making an anime series based on the comics that arrives later this year.

"I’m really proud of what the team achieved with Jupiter’s Legacy and the amazing work everyone did on that origin season,” Millar said on Twitter about the end of Jupiter's Legacy and the potential for Supercrooks. "I’ve been asked a lot about what we’re planning next with this world and the answer is to see what the super-villains are getting up to."

"I’ve always loved crime stories from Scorcese to Tarantino and super-villains are always the most fun part of any superhero story," Millar continued. "To do something exclusively focused on the villains they fight just feels incredibly fresh as we explore what it’s like to be a bad guy in a world crawling with good guys who want to put you in jail. Jupiter’s Legacy is a vast and rich space with lots of characters to mine and so I’m happy to share that our next step here is a live-action version of the Supercrooks comic I created with Leinil Francis Yu a few years back. Given where we’re going next, we’ve made the tough call of letting our incredible cast out of their show commitment as we continue to thoughtfully develop all realms of the Jupiter’s Legacy saga. We’re confident we’ll return to it later and just want to say thanks to you guys for your continued support and to the cast and crew who made this look so great.”

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  10. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Dammit! Canceled before I even had a chance to watch the first season. Hope they don't drop it from Netflix's servers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Nah, it's a "Netflix Original" series. They may not ever promote it again, but it'll stay on there.

12. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Kinda suprised seemed to trend fairy well on netflix

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This doesn't really surprise me, because Netflix didn't promote it very well at all.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Lack of promotion didn't kill Jupiter's Legacy. Overall execution & production value did. Compared to other grounded & gritty sci-fi/superhero offerings currently available from either Netflix or other streaming services, this show felt more like a SYFY Channel original than a Netflix Original. The big Black Star battle that happens early on that obviously was suppose to hook you into the show came across like an old school style live action sentai/tokusatsu fight rather than the serious dramatic battle it was meant to be IMO.

15. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

16. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah production value and storytelling was not great.

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yeah I get what you mean about the SYFY look. But I was hooked enough to want to see more. Too Bad, I guess

18. SilverSmith

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Correct. The "All-American" spinoff is actually gonna be called "All-American: Homecoming".

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Ya know, Netflix kinda sucks at promoting overall. Lots of their stuff gets overlooked or stepped on 'cause they just don't let the world know it's there. I guess it's part of their business model, because they're sure not hurting for cash.