BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Only in CURSED and Pretenders. Not with the other ones though. Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head though.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

You sure? According to Wikipedia & IMDB, the female lead character in "Cursed" is the character with the black love interest.

3. darkcurry

Yeah that's what I mean.

4. hunterkil

hunterkil Member

Firefly!! i dont remember there was IR ww/bm!

5. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I think that poster is referring to Firefly Lane a Netflix show.

6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

If that's what they meant, they might as well take it back lol! The brother was literally only there to help her get back to her husband.
    I'm still so mad I watched that whole season SMH.... LOL

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. darkcurry

It's one of those things when you forget to edited out a mistake and don't notice it until now. lol.

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Lol been there!

9. ColiBreh1

They ended the season of "Firefly Lane" with her relationship status open-ended though. If the show gets renewed for a 2nd season, I'm gonna pay attention to the cast details before I decide to bother with it.

@qaz1 Have you watched "Ginny & Georgia" yet?

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm checked out on Firefly Lane unless I hear strong reports that they changed direction. It seems clear to me the main concern is that initial relationship (other than the friendship between the main women of course).

No, I haven't checked out Ginny & Georgia. Help me out with a quick spoiler first....

Is there any good wwbm coupling that doesn't end in disappointment or disaster (or just fade away completely unaddressed)? I'm not as concerned about the couples GETTING together as I am about them BEING together and STAYING together. That's why I hate love triangles and why I'm out on Firefly Lane lol.

I'm way too busy to make time for shows that just disappoint in the end. But if G&G gets that right, I'll start watching tonight.

11. ColiBreh1

I already told you the flashback scenes gives the backstory about Georgia & Zion, so I'm guess you're asking about the present day storyline involving Georgia & Zion. Present day Zion is in only 3 episodes (While teen/college-age Zion is in 6 episodes). Zion is in the 3 episodes before the finale, so that should give away that him & Georgia aren't together in finale.

Zion comes to town to reunite with the daughter, Ginny. Eventually Zion rekindles his romance with Georgia, despite Georgia dating another dude. Zion realizes that he finally wants to settle down with Georgia & be a family together and he successfully talks Georgia into it. Don't want to give away how it plays out because like I said present-day Zion not being in the finale gives away they're not together in the Finale. But Zion does get his own place in town to be close with Ginny, so he should be around in the 2nd season.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. ColiBreh1

Trailer for the 2nd season of "Evil" dropped tonight:

Looks like the show is being moved to Paramount+. Makes sense because "Evil" isn't a show that stereotypically fits in with CBS' lineup.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for laying it out for me. I might wait to see how season 2 plays out and binge the whole thing then lol

14. darkcurry

The ratings were pretty good though. They must don't like a variety.

15. darkcurry

Yes!... But most of them were cancelled. lol.

But if you want to go back and watch some of them they are pretty good shows:

The Innocents - All through the first and only season(Netflix)
    [​IMG]

NOS4A2 - Starting at the end of season 1 and throughout season 2(AMC)
    [​IMG]

SOUNDTRACK Season 1 (Netflix)
    [​IMG]

Sorry For Your Loss - 2 seasons (FACEBOOK WATCH)
    [​IMG]
    -Tough subject matter but done very well. It is an underrated adult drama.

FAM 1 Season (CBS)
    [​IMG]

The ones that haven't been cancelled... yet are:

Bridgerton - Season 1 (Netflix)
    [​IMG]

CURSED
    [​IMG]

Lupin
    [​IMG]

All American
    [​IMG]

B Positive
    [​IMG]

I'm sure there are some I'm missing but those are just the ones on my mind at the moment of your inquiry.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was really only asking about Ginny & Georgia tho lol. But since you brought it up....

Already watched: Soundtrack, Fam, Bridgerton, and B Positive
    I was really hoping they'd all come back, ESPECIALLY Fam (can you even stream Fam anywhere???) I assume Bridgerton s2 won't really be for us lol. I'm optimistic about B Positive, but we've all been disappointed before.

Partway through: NOS4A2 and Sorry for Your Loss
    I only have an episode or two left of NOS4A2. I'll finish this week (dumb kid is getting on my nerves tho lol). SFYL frustrates me 'cause I can't figure out how to stream it on my tv. So I'm about halfway through s1.

Still on the list:
    Cursed and The Innocents
    I think I started the first episode of both of those but haven't followed up. I'll get on 'em soon after the recommendations here.

For the rest: I'm not huge on subtitles, so I may not get to Lupin for a while. And didn't the wwbm couple on All American get divorced? I admit I haven't kept up.

Thanks again for the helpful post.

17. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Sorry For your Loss was really good and one of only two times when I can remember a white female lead where the two main love interest were black. The only other time I've seen that is on Dynasty. And take into account that Elizabeth Olsen is star of a certain magnitude in her prime and that's the icing on the cake.

18. Summerred

Summerred Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20210525-000103.png

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  19. darkcurry

And SHE(Elizabeth Olsen) was the one that did the casting and wanted those two actors. It's a shame that such a well crafted and acted drama didn't even get picked up anywhere else. Especially since the numbers were big on facebook watch. I hate to jump to conclusions without much info but I think it was because it was an IR drama with a major star that was well recieved by the public.

• List
  20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Too bad it's stuck on Facebook where I can't see it. And thanks for the spoiler LOL!