BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

As long as we live under this racially based class system aka systemic racism it is easier to get more out of accusing black men than white men and as @Jeffrey Tripp said black men will never get the benefit of a doubt.

Normally when you hear multiple women accusing one person of something it means they did it until I further educated myself on how systemic racism and white feminism work together. He recently recieved British Films' high honor of outstanding contribution to cinema which if you follow his film career consists of alot of IR and black male in lead roles success. Very few black people recieved that award and at his speech he dedicated his award to 'black boys & girls' and CALLED out the racism in british film industry. https://www.itv.com/news/2021-04-11...rd-to-my-young-black-boys-and-girls-out-there
    https://www.blackfilm.com/read/2021...-2021-outstanding-british-contribution-award/

And what he said about the allegations is telling. He said after he "vehemently" denied the allegations that “Recent reports, however, have made it clear to me that some of my actions have affected people in ways I did not intend or realize,”...

That to me says things got misinterpreted or more so were ABLE to get misinterpreted and turned into something that it probably wasn't. Not to mention the timing. One of the things #MeToo has encouraged was that women can change their minds and turn something that was consensual into non-consensual if they no longer agree to what happened. That makes black men easy pickens.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Watched this week's season 2 finale episode of "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist" last night. Looks like Simon lost in the triangle & Max won.

3. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Didn't expect anything else but Simon was too good for Zoey's immature ass anyway.

4. darkcurry

This is what Jane Levy and the showrunner said about the finale and Zoey and Max's relationship and that moment when they got together:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...eator-talks-finale-twist-season-3/5128589001/
    The writers clearly got Simon there only as apart of their(Zoe and Max) love story. They were always going to go with Zoe and Max. The show wasn't my cup of tea to begin with though, but as SOON as I seen the dredded love triangle involving a white guy I knew the white guy was winning. lol. Writers RARELY go with the bm/ww coupling out of a love triangle when a white guy is involved.

5. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Don’t sleep on network influence as well. Silly writing, silly execution. Hearing them talk about it makes it worse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

This. All this. ^^^ Every single bit of this -- mixed with the fact that I knew how this was going to end from the beginning despite watching only the first episode -- is exactly why we are not in a golden age of wwbm relationships in media. [Edit: I'm referencing another thread that posed that possibility.]

Tell me which one of the following you did not see coming.
    Predictable IR love triangle. check
    Us making sour grapes excuses after the fact. check
    Realizing the plan from the start was to give the wwbm no chance. check
    Negative network influence. check
    Letting TPTB have another "diversity" win despite it all. check.

We've got a lot to be thankful for lately, but this is proof that things can still get a lot better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean again I have never seen a Black guy win a love triangle....I mean in Originals for instance Marcel lost out but come on Rebekah way hotter then Cami lol.

Besides Hart of Dixie that was like the exception where Lavon went full fatality on that one...I mean cucking a White Male Lead and getting to pick which off two hot white chicks you want...never seen a Black Man win that hard.

But yeah how progressive are these love triangles really when the Black Guy always loses lol.

8. ColiBreh1

LOL. Don't forget all the promos/trailers/interviews/etc. before "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist" premiered, promoted Max as basically the male co-lead, while Simon wasn't featured in any of that promotional stuff. @darkcurry remember we didn't even know there was gonna be a straight black male character, let alone him being a love interest for Zoey, on the show until I posted that BGS IBMOR video discussing the 2 black characters in the series premiere in this thread.

9. ColiBreh1

Bruh you can make the argument "Hart of Dixie" doesn't count because by the time Lavon & Lemon finally get together in the final season, the triangle had ended 3 seasons earlier & everyone involved had moved on and dated multiple other people since than.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  10. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

Is that right? I remember in the final season that both George and Lavon show up to try and profess their love for Lemon when she was getting on a cruise, but they were too late. Been awhile since I saw any of that show though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. ColiBreh1

LOL @LucasBanner I just checked, You're correct. I completely forgot they revived the triangle during the Season 3 finale-first few episodes of final season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Damn has a Black man ever won one of these triangles? lol I'm trying to think of a time. Does anybody remember a time where that happened?

13. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

We just covered once when it went down but yeah super rare lol.

14. Observeree

Observeree New Member

I know, hard to find...close but no cigar...

There was a show on ABC called American Housewife. The daughter that was in college was tempted to break up with her long time (white) boyfriend as she felt a connection with her professor's aide (the black guy). After like a season and a half, her and her boyfriend 'took a break', she went out on one date with the aide, kissed him.

It didn't feel right to her, and she ultimately did a U-turn and went back to her white boyfriend, end of story. And show was cancelled at the end of this recent season (I guess the network said for good measure lol)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I was just thinking of this show, 'cause I saw it was cancelled! I remember watching it years ago when the older daughter had a black bf in high school. I dropped the show after that relationship ended. I wondered if he ever came back into the picture; I guess not.

16. ColiBreh1

How come you never mentioned it in this thread?

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I could've sworn I saw that show mentioned here. Yet here's the only thing I could find with a quick search: https://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/bm-ww-ir-sightings-on-tv.9970/page-67#post-1046537

Anyway, it wasn't a long relationship. I definitely didn't get any "destined to be together in the end" vibes. The black bf was adopted from Africa, and his (white) mom was the main Housewife's nemesis for a while.

Edit: Found one more! https://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/bm-ww-ir-sightings-on-tv.9970/page-73#post-1053436

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  18. darkcurry

Yeah, but recently when shows & movies feature an IR(bm/ww) relationship they don't feature it in the trailer or promotions like with CURSED, Jupiter Rising, Firefly, Superman & Lois, The Midnight Sky and that Jane Levy movie Pretenders. They make it hard to know because at times they don't promote it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

Then George picks up his leftovers in Anna Belle lol

20. ColiBreh1

Did the IRRs in all of those films & TV involve the lead or co-lead character? If they don't involve a lead character there was nothing abnormal about the promotional content not featuring the IR. If they do involve a lead character, than yeah, you can say they went out of their way to hide the IR in the promotional material.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List