The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I watched Clooney’s ‘Midnight Sky” on Netflix. I thought it was good. Sort of a lesser ‘Interstellar.’ If you’re into real, story driven sci-fi (not an action movie with sci-fi in it), this is a good watch. Not great by any means. But, good. And, beautifully shot. Watching it on a 75” 4K screen was awesome.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. samson1701

Did she, though? I thought she was the only one who didn’t. I’ll have to rewatch the end to see.

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

She may not have been in Cheetah form when we last saw her, but she wasn't shown or heard renouncing her wish.

4. Tamstrong

WW84 wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. It was okay, but definitely not as good as the first one. Although it had its moments, I was pretty bored during the first 2/3 of the movie. I enjoyed the rest of it though, and the post credit scene was cool.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I was shocked by how good Lynda Carter still looks.

6. Tamstrong

So was I. It was awesome to see though. I've been a Wonder Woman/Lynda Carter fan since I was 5 or 6 years old, and it's mind-blowing that she could look that good at 69.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Remember after their 2nd fight when she was The Cheetah WonderWoman brought her out of the water after that electrocution(that I thought killed her.)? After that when WonderWoman went on to stop Maxwel and she had the lasso of truth around his ankle talking to everybody to rescind their wish Barbara heard her too.

A few minutes later they showed her in her human form saying she rescind her wish.

I could post a gif or screenshot if it helps to jog your memories?

8. darkcurry

Forgot about that scene.
    I thought it was a nice creative touch to have her play Asteria. Kind of symbolic too.

9. Tamstrong

I just watched the scene again—she didn't say anything at all. She just took a couple of heavy breaths.

10. samson1701

I just re-watched that part. I turned on the closed captioning to make sure I wouldn’t miss anything. She appears to begin to say it, but she never does. It’s just a heavy breath. At least, that’s what the CC, says.

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Warner Bros. Fast-Tracks Development on Wonder Woman 3

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/ybep7qgl

12. darkcurry

I think my girflriend and our friends who we watched it with just went through The Mandela Effect. I just checked it and asked my girlfriend do she remember hearing Barbara say that and she said yes. I called my friends and asked both of them did they hear her say that and they said yeah. I put it back on and skipped to that part and... NOPE she didn't say it. lol. So you guys are right probably in an alternate universe. But in the universe we were in she said it. lol.

THAT WAS WIERD!!

13. SilverSmith

Superman & Lois Trailer Debuts

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I've been looking forward to a Superman show, but the title of this show is not instilling confidence that it's going to be any good. A superhero show on a broadcast TV budget would be difficult to make under any circumstances, but with Greg Berlanti in charge, it's almost guaranteed to be another convoluted show that cares more about woke social messaging than they do about comic book storylines. I hope I'm wrong though.

15. SilverSmith

On sale February 2021.

16. SilverSmith

January 2021 Video Games for PlayStation Plus

17. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Anybody watching The Expanse? It's incredible this season.

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I can't get past the soy-based Superman

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, looks like The Daily Wire is getting into the film & TV business:

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1346107380791185410
    [​IMG]
    https://deadline.com/2021/01/daily-...-website-developing-two-tv-series-1234664288/

Trailer for first film:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. SilverSmith

Launching soon out of left field.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List