Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was wondering why they weren't hyping this big film like they usually do. I'll probably still check it out to see if it's my taste but I just have that feeling it's not. lol.

2. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

It is a Disney movie, right? They hate black man x white woman pairing, I´m not so surprised they´re not hyping this movie. I mean, they event cancel Rey x Finn pairing.

3. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

O-T Fagbenle will be Rick Mason, Black Widow´s love interest, finally Scarlett Johansson wih a brotha:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. darkcurry

https://movieweb.com/black-widow-images-ot-fagbenle-shield-agent-mason/
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

https://movieweb.com/black-widow-movie-natasha-romanoff-love-interest-mason/

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/blac...onfirms-scenes-with-spoiler-a180064#gs.lcoumo
    Seems to be more of a crush by him and probably her teasing.

5. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

Seems like a decent first world "if we're going to have this conversation, this is what I would expect" type piece I might skim through the "interracial" scenes

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the new movie Tenet? It stars Denzel Washington's son (who is also very good looking), and it features a kinda sorta interracial romance. Confusing but entertaining movie!

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I'm far, far behind in movies. I'll have to check it out. Good to see you around these parts again.

8. darkcurry

Life in a Year Official Trailer (2020) Jaden Smith, Cara Delevingne

will stream on Amazon Prime Video November 27th. (via @SilverSmith )

9. darkcurry

[​IMG]

Director Deon Tayler moves Fatale up to December 18th... for a theatrical release.
    https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/n...-psychological-thriller-moves-up-release-date

10. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

LOL. I have wondering if that was ever going to happen on film.

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Good point, but I think that if it becomes widely know that you are not entirely white, then white people will start referring to you as "biracial" or "mixed" or even by the nonwhite race that you happen to be. I think this is true even among non-racists as well. White supremacy is pretty ingrained in the culture even when people don't have racial animus.

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

There is a movie out now called Happiest Season about a daughter bringing her new girlfriend home for Christmas but her family doesn't know she's a lesbian yet. (I thought they stopped making these kinds of movies) anyway, Alison Brie plays the sister of the lead and is married to a black guy played by Burl Moseley.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. darkcurry

Wait a minute, Alison Brie and Kristen Stewart is in the same movie and this is the first time I heard about this film. Those are two pretty famous actresses AND of course it's a lgbt movie so I'm wondering why it hasn't got much media attention... unless I missed something. lol.

14. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The brotha and the mixed children are the only non-name actors in the star-studded cast. Setting expectations accordingly.

15. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Of course things could change via editing but those who have seen the film early in the year have confirmed on Reddit that the two of them were in a past relationship, that they may still share some feelings. Its kind of complicated but it wasn't, based on those writeups, one-sided

• List
  16. JamalSpunky

I am glad you confirmed it. No trace of the black guy in the trailer but the mixed race kids at the end of the trailer would have been a dead giveaway if I had actually watched the trailer before today; especially when you consider the patriarch of this family claimed he had three daughters (one of which is gay). I only started thinking about the potential of IR when I saw the advertisement "poster" in which the black husband is featured prominently. Looked up the IMDB page of the cast after that and guesses he was likely in a relationship with Alison Brie. To be honest never heard of Burl Moseley before even though he has a relatively substantial IMDB page.

17. JamalSpunky

Its actually has gotten a lot of attention, including racking up a large number of views on YouTube of the trailer in such a quick amount of time. Apparently many people in the lgbt community have been eagerly anticipating this first-of-a-kind Christmas romance. The problem is the trailer was only dropped very recently so there was never enough time for word to spread as far as it could.

• List
  18. darkcurry

I usually will see things trending on twitter or see stuff like trailers posted on the front page of youtube. But I haven't really seen a commercial for it anywhere. In the past month I have watched NBC, ABC and CBS and still nothing. So maybe it was just me missing it.

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope it's not one of those friendship marriages.

20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020