The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Coming to HBOMax in December. I guess they finally gave up on having a wide theatrical release.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

WW 84 will be available on HBO Max in the US only at no extra cost to subscribers. Winning!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  3. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Guess they want to drive subscribers and they locked up Christmas. Even though not really a Christmas movie, still this mostly suggest AT&T in power and WB needs the money.

Wonder if this will force Marvel and Disney's hand on Black Widow.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I think this really cheapens the franchise. They should wait until the pandemic ends. I believe the anticipation that would’ve built up in that time would really work in their favor. Especially, if early reviews are positive.

Maybe, they don’t feel the movie is that good and this is a way of putting it out there without doing too much damage to the franchise or pissing off their star?

HBO Max not being available on Roku is probably why their numbers aren’t where they thought they’d be. That, at least, has to be a significant factor in why their subs aren’t booming.

5. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I'm highly skeptical that HBO /AT&T will offer this DC blockbuster for free to its basic audience. Disney + wanted an extra 30$ for "Mulan"!!

I was formerly a Direct TV customer so I know how greedy AT&T/Direct TV is. My first monthly bill was $140 for the satellite & internet wireless bundle.
    My second monthly bill was $527!!! I'm still ROTFLMAO :)

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This is the kind of shit that's gonna make you go back to dealing with the hustle man at the barbershop. If my man got it for ten at the shop why would I mess with your lame shit

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. SilverSmith

AT & T, the debt-laden parent company of Warner Bros, desperately wants HBO MAX, its $4 billion gamble, to draw new subscribers. What better way to do it than by offering WW 84 on the app? The film has been stuck in limbo for months.

Click on link below for an official statement from Warner's CEO.

Warner Media

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  8. Young Herschel

I just saw the trailer & press announcement on Àpple 4K so it does seem legit as I write this reply.

I'm still shook over my second monthly Direct TV / AT&T bill lol and I challenged the Direct TV customer service representative to find a judge who would enforce that $527 charge for one month of satellite & internet after seeing the prior monthly bill of $140 . . . he had no concept of the legal term "unconscionability" but I educated him lol :)

9. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Sounds like DirectTv

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

New PREDATOR Movie In The Works From 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE Director Dan Trachtenberg

[​IMG]

There's a new Predator movie in development at 20th Century Studios, and 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg has been enlisted to helm the project.

Shane Black's underwhelming 2018 effort, The Predator, seemed to put the sci-fi action film series to rest for a while, but it looks like the now Disney-owned studio is determined to breath new life into the franchise. Plot details are still under wraps, but this movie is not expected to have anything to do with the last one, and will tell a completely new story.

The script is being written by Patrick Aison, whose producer/writer credits include Kingdom, Jack Ryan and Treadstone.

The first - and by far the best - Predator movie came out back in 1987 and starred Arnold Schwarzenegger as the leader of a group of mercenaries who find themselves hunted by a merciless alien creature. Of the three movies that followed, only Nimród Antal's Predators (2010) came close to matching the visceral thrills of the original.

We'll just have to wait and see how this fifth movie progresses, but it's probably safe to assume that Predator fans are going to remain sceptical until we learn more.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm one of those PREDATOR fans. lol.

12. SilverSmith

Black Panther Sequel Shoot to Begin July 2021

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/y5v2qudd

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  13. Young Herschel

I know that "Alien vs Predator Requiem" truly impressed me because I went out and bought it. The writing was much improved over the prior movie with Sanaia Lathan and had the build up one would expect from the franchise. If you're a fan of the franchise give it a go on Fyrestick :)

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You trolling right? AvP : Requiem was straight trash. That movie did nothing to add to either the Alien or Predator franchises. A waste of time and money in the making of that movie as well as watching it.

15. SilverSmith

Batwoman Season 2 teaser

16. Young Herschel

I'm trying to tell you . . . I enjoyed it!! What was wrong with it?? It was unpredictable and exciting!!

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It was very predictable & nothing but a splatter fest for the sake of being a splatter fest. No noteworthy characters, scenes or lines what so ever in the movie. If you liked then you liked it but it definately is not a movie for fans of the Predator movies to be hyped about. In fact of all the six Predator related movies it is the weakest.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. SilverSmith

HBO Max has revealed the new costume for Starfire (Anna Diop) from the action series Titans. Season 3 is currently filming and is expected to air on HBO Max in 2021.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. SilverSmith

20. Young Herschel

What about the groundbreaking new hybrid Alien-Predator??

He did not give a FUCK and was bad to the bone. Loved the conflict between the Aliens and the Predators in a residential Colorado town plus this was one of the first movies to kill kids in a violent fashion which is traditionally taboo.

I loved the US Army reservist from Colorado played by Reaiko Aylesworth of "24" and her multiracial family.

Loved the Sheriff of the town who had a Hobson's choice to make while under tremendous duress a nd the plotline about the high school kids and the two brothers who only had each other to rely on :).

"I'm going with the guys who have a tank . . . look I don't know what you are going to do . . . but I am leaving in a TANK!!". ~ that was a GREAT line from the movie in that moment lol.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020